Mag LED shipping/release update

steve_vance

Enlightened
Mag Instrument shipped the 2-D LED lights right on schedule (see my previous posts) and the upgrade modules (30-45 days ahead of schedule) TO THEIR MAJOR ACCOUNTS on Monday, May 17th. This doesn't mean every little store that sells Mag lights will have them right away; the smaller dealers, and those who who buy from distributors, will have to wait until Mag has more stock and/or until the distributors get them, which may not be for several weeks. Mag, at this point, is completely out of lights and modules. They've shipped everything they have. Mag employees aren't even allowed to buy them yet. I checked with Wal-Mart's corporate office on Friday; they have the info in their computers but the items are still listed as "on order". I'll try to keep on top of the situation and will post here as soon as they have them on the way to the stores.
I also found out that not every Walmart will be getting them, only the Wal-Marts with larger flashlight displays (3 panels or larger). You might want to check with the store in your area to see if they will be getting the new Mag LED lights.

Hope this is helpful, regards to you all :)

OH I ALMOST FORGOT!!! the upgrade modules will be $18.86 each; they are cell-specific and come in 2-, 3- and 4-cell versions. The 2-D light will be $33.86

Last edited:

LarryC

Newly Enlightened
Just got back from my local Walmart. They had the Mag-lite 3 watt luxeon upgrades on the checkout counter in the sports department. They were individually packed for 2 cell, 3 cell, and 4 cell just like posted above. Couldn't make up my mind which size I wanted and I was tired so I didn't get one yet. They were the same price as posted above. Start checking on the sports department checkout counter.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked my local Target.

The Mini Mags were on sale for $7.84.

No 2D or 3D's yet.

Miracle

Enlightened
can some kind souls please post some info on the Maglite LED itself?

Is it available at HomeDepot?

how many lumens does it give?

:huh2:

steve_vance

Enlightened
Miracle said:
can some kind souls please post some info on the Maglite LED itself?

Is it available at HomeDepot?

how many lumens does it give?

As far as I know all anyone has is photos. Mag is "in the process" of updating their website and no techncal info there. No reviews cuz no one has the lights (I'm working on getting Doug P. @flashlightreviews and Craig lights, but there aren't any right now @Mag.) Will get an answer on Home Depot, but can't do it til Monday. No clue on lumens because of reasons listed above. AND...I get the sense that Mag is going to be somewhat secretive about what's inside the lights :awman:

Last edited:

Miracle

Enlightened
steve_vance said:
As far as I know all anyone has is photos. Mag is "in the process" of updating their website and no techncal info there. No reviews cuz no one has the lights (I'm working on getting Doug P. @flashlightreviews and Craig lights, but there aren't any right now @Mag.) Will get an answer on Home Depot, but can't do it til Monday. No clue on lumens because of reasons listed above. AND...I get the sense that Mag is going to be somewhat secretive about what's inside the lights :awman:

Thankz for the info.

I am considering either the Magilte LED or the Diamond 6.5w K2

I think I will go with the K2. It gives 140+ lumens

does any kind souls know how long can the K2 give 140+ lumens on a set of new 5 cell C batteries?

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello miracle:)

I don't know it, but I estimate about 21/2-3 hours, if the cells will have 3000mAh each. But not the full output over the runtime. The light will dimm after a while.
More runtime you will get with nimh's.

Best regards

_____
Tom

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Diamond K2 module is pretty much vaporware that doesn't really exist right now, so any estimates that you get would only be a guess. If I recall, Diamond said that they would be shipping in 2 weeks. That was several months ago.

Miracle said:

does any kind souls know how long can the K2 give 140+ lumens on a set of new 5 cell C batteries?

LarryC said:
Just got back from my local Walmart. They had the Mag-lite 3 watt luxeon upgrades on the checkout counter in the sports department. They were individually packed for 2 cell, 3 cell, and 4 cell just like posted above. Couldn't make up my mind which size I wanted and I was tired so I didn't get one yet. They were the same price as posted above. Start checking on the sports department checkout counter.

:rant: I went to Lebanon OR Wal-Mart and didn't see it there on the flashlight section. I totally forgot about checking the counter.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know if these were shipped on Monday May 15th or Wednesday May 17th, but it seems that the folks responsible for stocking the shelves only work during the week (at least in the stores in this area.) If they were shipped on Wednesday 17th, they may not have made it to the stores yet, or the parties involved might not have planned any shelf space for them yet.

For those in the San Jose area, the only store that has 3 panels of flashlights is the Story Rd store, though it's not a place where you'd likely find these available; their clientele just doesn't fit into the demographic that is going to pay $19 for a flashlight bulb. If it shows up anywhere, it will more likely be at the Milpitas store (even though they only have 2 panels.)

steve_vance said:
Mag Instrument shipped the 2-D LED lights right on schedule (see my previous posts) and the upgrade modules (30-45 days ahead of schedule) TO THEIR MAJOR ACCOUNTS on Monday, May 17th.

DShealey

Newly Enlightened
Miracle said:
Thankz for the info.

I am considering either the Magilte LED or the Diamond 6.5w K2

I have five of the Diamond K2 on order for my Maglite 3D lights. I have talked to the person at Diamond a couple times, still no idea when he will get his modules. They are not going to be 140 Lumens in the flashlights though, probably around 110-120.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
No Magleds at Walmart in Torrance, California

Tried Lowes, Hawthorne, California nothing.

Target in Gardena, California, no Magleds.

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
DShealey said:
I have five of the Diamond K2 on order for my Maglite 3D lights. I have talked to the person at Diamond a couple times, still no idea when he will get his modules. They are not going to be 140 Lumens in the flashlights though, probably around 110-120.

I don't get it... I've been reading here about how people have Diamond K2 LEDs on order, but I ordered this from flash-lights.com (2nd one down, the white K2 6.5W LED). I ordered it a few days ago along with a 3W Royal Blue LED and they have not yet arrived.

I don't think I've been notified of any backorder situation... are we not talking about the same LED? Did I find some secret source that has them when others don't? I don't get it...

-Jeffrey

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you might have noticed on the web ad, they'll be shipping in 2 weeks. You haven't found a secret site, that's just another one of Diamond's site domains. But not to worry, he's been telling people that the modules will ship in two weeks ... for about 3 months now ... More recently there have been posts indicating that this vendor is now not responding to e-mails, so if you have an inquiry, you might want to give them a call.

peacefuljeffrey said:
I don't get it... I've been reading here about how people have Diamond K2 LEDs on order, but I ordered this from flash-lights.com (2nd one down, the white K2 6.5W LED). I ordered it a few days ago along with a 3W Royal Blue LED and they have not yet arrived.

I don't think I've been notified of any backorder situation... are we not talking about the same LED? Did I find some secret source that has them when others don't? I don't get it...

-Jeffrey

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
Well, CRAP. I did not notice (have not even yet gone back to look) any sign that my order was not to be shipped as normal!

DANG!

I guess I'm going to the local Wal-Mart late tonight just to see if on the off chance they have the actual MAG-LEDs in... or I'm going to be very frustrated for quite a while. :scowl:

-Jeffrey

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mall-Wart strikes (out) again!

The Mal-Warts around here are totally lacking in clues. They had no idea what I was asking for, couldn't look it up, discounted what has been listed on their web site, etc. Why do I even bother with those idiots?

I'll try the local Target, but they aren't much better.

Ya'd think it might be hard enough to make a buck selling stuff, but what hapens if you a). don't have it, b). don't have a clue, and c). don't have any idea what customer service is about?

I'd like to try one of these things before my annual trip into the PA woods next weekend, but who knows if I can find someone around here who can find one, or even their own shiny metal butt with both hands, a compass, and a seeing eye dog.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
chmsam said:
Why do I even bother with those idiots?

I dunno, why do you? It's a matter of urban survival, you've got to learn to do for yourself, and find it on your own. You're lucky to find someone who will even talk to you in an urban Wal*Mart, and then you'll be even luckier if they speak English. But that's the way it is.

It pretty much depends on where you're located, but if it's an urban Wal*Mart, it will probably be displayed if it's available. Some people have found them on the counter in the sports department. Others have found them on shelf hooks in the sporting goods department, sometimes in the same area as the flashlights. In my case, I found them on a locked shelf hook in the flashlight section in the sporting goods department and you'll have to find someone to unlock the peg.

And one last thing, if you use the self-checkout, so that you don't get stopped at the door on your way out. These MAG packages are equipped with Sensormatic tags inside, you'll want to remember to deactivate the tag at the checkout before you stick it into a bag (there's a spot right next to the scanner for that purpose.)

chmsam said:
don't have any idea what customer service is about?

There are still places that have the kind of customer service you're looking for, but you probably won't want to pay the prices that they want for the same merchandise.