Harbour freight sale

WNG

Enlightened
I bought one very early version without the 3 way switch, rubber grip no knurling, and a head with no access to reflector.
The 15 LEDs were quite dim. I paid $19.95. Wasted my money.
Mine looks like the one pictured, so it must be made by the same manufacturer.
Perhaps the newer LED's are brighter, And there appears to be a seam in the head too.
I doubt very much it can do flood to spotlight. Mine had no focus, and it's just a dim blob of light...flood.

If you can test it before buying, at a HF store, I'd recommend it.

jimofoz

Newly Enlightened
This isn't about the light specifically, but about Harbor Freight in general. From my experience this is defnitely a company where it's "buyer beware." I've had excellent quality stuff from them and some really-really crappy stuff from them. Some of my good stuff has been other people's crap and vice-versa.

I think the Chinese companies they deal with have a serious quality assurance problem. They have the capability of building good stuff, but not always. For the most part, I wouldn't (and don't) use Harbor Freight for anything I might have to depend on, but instead buy stuff that I don't expect to last very long (sandpaper pads for example) or a very limited use item (pliers I reground for a special use). That's not to say I haven't bought some really good stuff there - a dado blade set, some wood clamps and caster set have all been serviceable.

However, if the flashlight turns into a jigsaw puzzle the first time you drop it, don't be all that surprised.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the subject light on impulse a few months ago. It's certainly worth $10. A good medium bright flood. I just leave it on the shelves in the garage so it's handy when I have to go through a box of treasure. No idea of runtime -- original batteries in mine with probably a couple of hours of sporadic use.

I agree HF is a caveat emptor place. But I do a lot of business there -- particularly for "rough use" tools i;e; chisels, prybars, c-clamps.... Keep in mind most of their stuff, particularly the power tools, are made for the 3rd world, not particularly for US consumption. That's why they are simple and easily repairable and why most come with extra brushes, seals, etc.