CentraLED Worklight - down to $49.95!

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, so lots of you thought this might be a cool thing to have, but the $200 price tag was a bit much. Then Herrington put them on clearance for $100 - great, but still a nice sum.

But now they are getting serious about clearing them out. This thing is a steal at $49.95. I've ordered 3 and will give 2 away for gifts.

http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/t274.html

Quickbeam reviews it here:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/centraled_100led.htm

Edit: No more seem available from Herrington, but Central Tools has a temporary $99.95 deal for CPF members -see messages below

Last edited:

DaveG

Enlightened
Thanks,for the heads up at this price it looks much better to me,just placed a order.:sold:

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Me too!:thanks:

So, any of you ordering the 12V adapter for $19.95?

I didn't see where I would ever need it, so I passed.

Thanks again for pointing out the great deal.

Walt175

Enlightened
One of these was at Photon Fest 6 and I have to say I was very impressed with the amount and quality of light this puts out. Thanks for the heads up!

metalhed

Enlightened
I think the new prices may be because of good, old-fashioned competition.

Maxxeon WorkStar 1200 task light

I think that the market for job-specific portable lighting will continue to grow, and should bring more choices and lower prices our way. Besides, the profit margins on products sold as 'professional tools' is better than on regular consumer items. Professionals can justify paying higher prices for high quality because they can recoup their investment through higher productivity...not really something that applies to the rest of us.

Radio

Modulated Moderator
cd-card-biz said:
Me too!:thanks:

So, any of you ordering the 12V adapter for $19.95?

I didn't see where I would ever need it, so I passed.

Thanks again for pointing out the great deal.

The 12 volt adapter is just a cord, no electronics in it that I can see, Any 12v adapter with the correct size and polarity plug "Should" work fine, will update when I get mine, this will make a very nice emergency light for my shed.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I think!!:ohgeez: GEEZ, I thought I was done buying lights for a while.:grin2:

I couldn't pass this up- always a sucker for a deal, especially when it involves a light. Just ordered one. I first thought it was a lot larger than it actually is- it looks like a great light in a nice sized package.

marcspar

Enlightened
Thanks wasBlinded; I just ordered a second one. I got the first one for $100 a couple of weeks ago. It is very well made and a great beam.

Marc

nrk

Newly Enlightened
I just started the order process on herrington.com. When I got to the shipping page they are showing $17.45 for ground shipping to MA.

Is this consistent with what others have seen? Looks like they trying to get a little bit back on the shipping.

;-nrk

HCaul

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, they only charged me 8.95 shipping (for one light) to NY. According to the contact page, they are in NH, so there is no reason shipping to MA should cost more than to NY! This was for one light?

nrk

Newly Enlightened
HCaul,
Thanks for the heads up. I went back and what happened is every time I exited the page it jumped to 2nd Day Air. I wound up putting some text into the "where did you find out" field and was able to get ground at $8.95.

;-nrk

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Shows ya the cutthroat world of bussiness. Lamina website the cost of the light engines alone and heatsinks +$130. Guess harrington must be at war with Central. Things are tough out there

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
JNewell said:
Does anyone know how easily service the NiMH pack is and/or what size cells are used? I'm wondering about replacement down the road.

I don't know about this yet as I have just ordered mine, but if/when the batteries ever crap out, I'll tear it apart and replace them somehow. Heck, I just tore apart an old Braun shaver and replaced the battery in it with an AA Nimh- had to solder it in.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, you dirty little son of a gun! You actually figured out a way to unlock my wallet AFTER I was sure I had thrown away the key! Oh well, I guess I should say thanks. I just ordered one!

Oh, and about the shipping -- I was able to select the default "Ground" ($8.95) without any difficulty.

Edit: Woohoo, I'm getting exciting! I just read Quickbeam's review and it looks like I am about to be impressed! Thanks, again!

Last edited:

batvette

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I almost bought one at a c-note but waited, went back yesterday hoping they were still on sale for that price. Will offset the $30 I just spent at Harbor Freight for what looked like a decent benchtop/magnetic/clamp light with gooseneck arm. 6 led's so dim they are like first gen led's from the '70's. Other than sucky output it's a good design.

which, being a LIGHT after all, means it sucks completely.

DaveG

Enlightened
Just got mine yesterday,just as people have said,nice quality on this light,charged it up over night.Went down to the basement this morning to try it out.Turned it on,first word out of my mouth WOW. Nice white beam,looks to be very useable as a work light,camping,what ever,not too big and bulky.I am a happy camper with this one.:)