What's impressive?

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
As i'm quickly becoming a flashgeek (along with ___geek on other hobbies), which flashlight is the most impressive to people who normally have little or no interest in flashlights? I had a 6D maglite as a kid and was king of the hill. That's since been lost (how i don't know), and most unknowing people think my G2 is SOOOO bright for a little light. What's your most impressive light? What do people get the biggest kick out of when you show them? Mostly curious in LED's since they are slowly taking over the world of flashlights.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A thread like this a month or so ago concluded mostly Orb Raw 3W, Firefly3, and HDS EDC. If I remember correctly.
Some added Indium Smart, Jil Intelli, Surefire U2 and L2, Night Ops Gladius, Striker VG, CPF VB-16, Peak Rainier.

I'd add the LRI Proton and my most impressive tiny light right now is my very lucky Luxeon lottery winning Jet-1 CR123, though I think the Rainier still out throws it.

trailstoride

Newly Enlightened
My Solitaire with a superbright LuxeonStar plug made by LED_ASAP!

It is painfully bright if you look directly into the beam - and that's exactly what most folks do thinking it is a puny Solitaire light.
hahaha.gif

Here is a picture of the Luxeon Solitaire next to an unmodded Solitaire:

Solitaire%20beams.jpg

Read about it here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/17523

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own any of these, but I've shown some of my friends and family my various lights and I'd expect these to really impress/WOW/befuddle them:

- For sheer output - A small handheld HID (AE, Mac's MiniHID, Nextorch Saint, etc.)
- For unique aesthetics - Either a SF Porcupine or any Lumaray. The SF Porc will make people go WTF is that?...don't hurt me! The Lumaray just looks like it came out of a scifi movie or alien technology.
- For output/size - Either Orb Raw NS or Jil Intelli in burst. Teeny things that make a lotta light impress people. But most people don't get all that impressed unless you show them a minimag output next to yours.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
i get the "WOW" everytime I show my EDC Q3..

Saturday I was slighly intoxicated (maybe slight is an understatments) and EDC'd my U2... Let's just say I probably killed a set of batteries just wowing people with it. It was passed around so much I couldn't believe it.

Fiddleback

Enlightened
My two microcontroller controlled lights are the ones that blow my engineering friends away. (FFIII, and HDS B60LE) My L4 gets wows for its wall of light.

Scythe_rr

Newly Enlightened
Orb raw, just arrived in the post (ignore the sig), you just don't expect that amount of light to come out of such a small package. Skirt around the issue of runtime though, unless you've got the two level switch of course. The tritium locator is cool too.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Gladius and W/E M100X.

The Gladius for its strobe and adjustable, powerful white LED beam.
The W/E for sheer output and throw. Suddenly the dark becomes daylight...

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
cmoore....

What do others find impressive about the raw?
What do you find impressive about the firefly3?

do you have the orb with the two stage cap?

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah....most people are REALLY impressed when they see this one:

c31vk.jpg

And thats BEFORE they turn it on........
Normally, after they turn it on, I have to pick them up off the floor..... :naughty:

WP

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it's not an LED light, but my M6 (Surefire) usually gets a HOLY SH!^!! when ever I show it. There are many lights that are brighter, but you did ask.:)

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
WP, I have parts on the way to build one like yours. I really love the looks of these custom build-it-yourself lights.:goodjob: