What lubricant...? Need help!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`d appreciate some information and advice on what lubricant I should use (and where to get it) for my flashlights. In particular, for Arc flashlights (the AAA`s and the LS`s) and for Surefire`s (the E2, M2, M3 and M6).

I`ve tried a couple of times to get help on this at the SFDB, but without much success. My search of the prior topics hasn`t helped all that much either, unless I`ve missed the right ones.

For starters:<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>I have a tube of "Lube Gel" that I bought at Radio Shack, which contains "Syncolon (PTFE)" and is dielectric. Can I use this, or must the lubricant be conductive?<LI>Dielectric lubricant for some, while conductive lubricant for others?<LI>Would it be best to just use a conductive lubricant all of the time?<LI>What types or brands should I buy, and where are the best places to get them?[/list]

Thanks for any help that you can give to me!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
You did not look hard enough on the Forums.

Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your kind help Al.

I really did try to study the forums, but based on your comment, I guess I should have tried harder.

While browsing through the SFDB, for instance, it wasn`t totally clear to me when and where I should be using 779ZC damping grease and the 759G lubricant.

Also... aren`t there other lubricants, like some of the "silver greases" not used by SF, that would work just as well?

I was just kind of wondering...

Edited PS: I also must have missed pk`s advice on the Arc`s. I`ll look again, though.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I hope my comment wasn't taken too hard.
blush.gif

I use NyoGel because SureFire does and that's good enough reason for me. I personally use the contact enhancer for all the threads, and the Damping Grease for Nitrolon 8NX & SCs.

Al

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
I hope my comment wasn't taken too hard.

Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all, Al. Glad to have you as my moderator.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
CP. Do a search for Gman's posts. He had posted a very detailed and well written explanation on lubes.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phred:
CP. Do a search for Gman's posts. He had posted a very detailed and well written explanation on lubes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks phred... will do.

Any other insights from CPF`ers would be appreciated.

Thank you!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

What is Gman's member number? The only way to do a search is by member number.