Surefire G2 saved me from a bad situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anto

Enlightened
SETTING: 10:00pm. My friend's somewhat dark parking lot.

So, I had just parked my car in my friend's parking lot, and I was getting out of the car with a few of my buddies. The three of them headed toward the house, and I stayed behind to grab something out of my car. I start walking toward the house, when all of a sudden I see a SUV's high beams light up the street. The driver peels out toward me, and rolls up real close. This is exactly what he said:

"What the fark is your problem"
Me "What?"
"What the fark is your problem?"
Me "What the heck are you talking about?"
At this point, I'm taking my surefire out from my pocket, and deactivating the LOTC. I then shined it in the guys face. POW. He cringes, and actually puts his arm up to block the light. He looks intoxicated / high. I start talking again.

"Do I farking know you?!"

(In a low angry tone) "Come here"
"I'm not coming near your farking car"

At this point, the driver puts the car in reverse, and chirps the tires backing into a parking spot. It was obvious he was going to exit his vehicle, so I yelled toward my friends house.

"HEY! JASON! GERARD! ALAN! GET EVERYONE OUT HERE! FARKING NOW!"

This guy starts doing a wide walk toward my car, looking at the license plate, trying to write it down. I shine the G2 in his face and ask him again:

"What the fark are you doing? what the hell do you THINK I did?"
I repeat the question twice. No answer. He's looking away, trying to cover his eyes with his arm.

At this point, there are eight of my friends running toward me. One of them tries to talk to the guy. I was extremely pissed and didn't want to deal with this guy, so I was already on the phone with 911.
Anyway, I start describing him to the 911 operator, and he's giving me a dumbfounded look. As i'm looking at him, I ask him:

"So are you going to tell me who the hell you think I am, or what you think I did?!"
"Look, it was a misunderstanding"
"what?"
(Hands in the air, pushing down) "Look, it was a misunderstanding"
"Look, if you don't tell me what's going on, they're going to send a squad car out."
(Hands still in the air, slower this time) "Look, it was a m i s u n d e r s t a n d i n g."

(Dialogue repeats 2 or 3 whole times)

Bullpoop. This guy was so cracked out, first he tries to run me over, then he starts acting in a very aggresive manner. To someone he doesn't even know. He looked at my face for a good while too. Long enough to be able to tell the difference between the guy who he was looking for, and me. I was obviously not the person he was looking for, and yet he still acts agressive toward me.

Bleh, anyway, so his wife comes out and starts pushing him into the house. I tell the operator what HE said, so after a few exchanges, the op tells me "well, okay. If you need anything else, do NOT hesitate to call back."
I thank the op, and hang up. The guy is already walking away with his wife, so I can't do much else. A few minutes later, the wife comes out and starts asking "YOU GUYS AREN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING TO MY CAR, ARE YOU?"
"No, we're not like that"

I ask her what happened, and she said she had no idea. She hadn't seen her husband in a while, and came out looking for him, and found him in our little scuffle. She wasn't clear on much else, but she was very focused on her car's condition, rather than the situation at hand. meh. some people are wack jobs.

Anyway, to wrap it up, my surefire calmed the guy down alot. being blinded, with no sight of the other person can really change your perspective. well, that plus nine angry guys all focused on you :p.

Last edited by a moderator:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad it turned out ok. It's a good idea to be prepared at all times as you never know if someone in a situation like that is strung out on drugs or not (good thing he didn't have a weapon!)

p.s. (you might want to edit your post a little as this is a family oriented forum)

NAW

Enlightened
TinderBox (UK) said:
nice story but you should edit out the bad language before you get wrong.

regards.

Yeah I would use this **** to represent any swear words.

Anyway you think you would have fought him if you did'nt have the G2?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
geez, man, there are some weirdos out there. You really need to watch yourself in this world. How old was this guy?

-David

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
It's also weird that people should have to censor their speech. If people don't read it here, they're going to see it somewhere else. I mean, in this case it's not about courtesy and decency: rather, recounting an actual event.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
G2 and your friends saved you :)

I don't think I would have been so lucky in that situation, I mostly roll alone. I also leave my gun at work, so I have to depend on my training, OC spray, and a folding knife. I know it wouldn't be me, but someone would be in the hospital if they approached me in that manner.

Warp

Enlightened
What else do you carry on a daily basis?

People like that, once they exit the car and approach you, are asking to be sprayed with OC. I carry Fox Labs OC, which can be purchased here:

http://www.defensedevices.com/worhotpepspr.html

Although great while they are around, you won't always have a half dozen friends to watch your back.

It's amazing what kind of an effect a bright light in the face can have on some people at night.

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
Glad to hear to no one left in cuffs or an ambulance. There is no shortage of idiots out there. Happy to everything turned out okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.