best rechargeable out there

stltowman

Newly Enlightened
well im new here and my requirements are the brightest light possible in a small package.

I drive a flatbed tow truck on nightshift and i used to have a strion rechargeable until last night when i lost it someplace on a call. I have in the truck a mag rechargeable but its sorta too large to really do what i need. I also have 2 inovas but i dont want to replace batteries all the time as i have been with them. Basically i liked the strion but is there something else out there thats better in the same general size. I need something to see under cars so small but also need to alert others that im on the side of the freaking road and to not hit me since they cant seem to move away from my truck lol so a long projection beam.

is there something that will fill both roles or do i keep having to have seperate lights in the truck.

Paintstorm

Newly Enlightened
Well it sounds like the strion was doing a pretty reasonable job for you. You could always just get another strion, or a slight upgrade would be the stinger which is just a larger version of the strion. If you have broken bulbs in the past by getting under the truck or dropping the light you may want to consider a led rechargeable like the Inova T4. Or if you dont have a price ceiling a L7 Lumamax from surefire would be top of the line.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the Strion worked for you and fit your requirements, get another Strion. They are a convenient size and have great output.

Step up to a Stinger and get more overall output with an increase in size. The Strion recharges faster too, which might be important in your use.

Also, if you replace your Strion, you can buy just the flashlight. You have the chargers, so you can save some $$.

Welcome To CPF!

Mark

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out my review of Electro Lumens new light,its just what you asked for.

brightest light possible in a small package

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/122623

I got ver 4 hours run in low,2 1/2 with out dimming ,if you need brighter 2 clicks to high, be ready its bright! Runs on 4 AAA nimh

greenLED

Flashaholic
I say get another Strion. Nice and bright little buggers. I'd also recommend a Pila GL3 (although it's bigger), and/or an Inova T4; IIRC, jtice has a review of his T4 setup (in truck).