Modifying a Forever Light: Solar Powered LED

D

**DONOTDELETE**

ForeverLight.jpg

So I'm thinking of buying this Forever Light in kit form from Solar World.

Here's a picture of what comes in the Forever Light Kit.
ForeverLightKit.jpg

From other posts about this specific Forever Light I've learned that this flashlight's amber LED is disappointing. The same can be said about its housing.

I want my modified Forever Light to have the following characteristics:
1. A bright white LED
2. A constant ON switch
3. A waterproof, brightly colored, glow in the dark housing that is textured for secure grip in the hand. The housing will also protect the LED
4. The ability to attach to objects by the use of a somekind of clip
5. The ability to float

I hope to do all this and still have a light that is relatively the same weight.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which white LED to use? I really am not very knowledgable when it comes to LED classifications and characteristics.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a constant ON switch? Are there any flashlights today with examples of simple, little, waterproof constant ON switches? Several come to mind, but no single flashlight seems to fit the bill.

To make the housing waterproof I plan to seal the housing with some form of super glue.

To make the housing bright I plan to paint it with some bright paint.

To make the housing textured I plan to put a strip or two of textured non-slip tape cut very small.

To make the housing protect the LED I plan to find a small clear plastic ring to glue to the housing around the LED similar to the Covert Photon option.

To make the housing glow in the dark I plan to purchase either some glow in the dark paint or some glow in the dark power, which I will make into a paint.

To make the light clip to objects I plan to glue on a clip similar to a pen clip or a spring loaded clip such as an alligator clip.

To make the light float I plan to seal the housing with some air inside. Hopefully the air inside will be enough to keep the light afloat.

Any suggestions?