My Walmart's flashlight clearance

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
There were a few flashlights, in the flashlights section, that were on clearance. They were on the pegboards, but the pricetags were in red, and definatly reduced.
They had Energizer Quick Switches for $5,
Ray-O-Vac Swivel Lights for $5 (comes with RED filter head and extra mag-type bulb),
Ray-O-Vac Rubber Light (sold out, so I'm only going on what was printed on the peg) $5,
The Brinkman LED light with the red and blue filters was also clearanced, as was the white Garrity wall-chargable type lights, and Garrity "Stainless Steel" lights.

I got the Ray O Vac swivel, just for kicks. It's like a tiny little angle head, that's adjustable. The head threading really stinks, and the red head needed to have the filter popped out and filed down, so I cold screw the head down all the way. BTW, each head contains a lense and reflector, and you just change the heads.

http://rayovac.com/flashlight/industrial/ind_ILJ2AA-B.htm
There's a little about it, but they weren't "Industrial" or yellow colored, but green and black. They didn't have any designation, the packaging was "rayovac blue", and you can plainly see the red head.

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
I was just at Wal-Mart today and noticed clearance lights too. I also saw the 2AA Garrity, 1 mil CP Brinkmann spotlight for $7, and some others I can't remember. I almost bought the spotlight, but it just ran straight from a 12V source or a seperately purchased battery pack thingy.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
i picked up a couple of lights a brinkman rebel led with 3 colored lenses; red, amber, and blue for $11.00. and a 3 led clip on headlamp for $5.00. i also picked up a rayovac krypton lantern for $5.88, uses 4 AAs.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omega Man said:
There were a few flashlights, in the flashlights section, that were on clearance. They were on the pegboards, but the pricetags were in red, and definatly reduced.
They had Energizer Quick Switches for $5,
Ray-O-Vac Swivel Lights for $5 (comes with RED filter head and extra mag-type bulb),
Ray-O-Vac Rubber Light (sold out, so I'm only going on what was printed on the peg) $5,
The Brinkman LED light with the red and blue filters was also clearanced, as was the white Garrity wall-chargable type lights, and Garrity "Stainless Steel" lights.

I got the Ray O Vac swivel, just for kicks. It's like a tiny little angle head, that's adjustable. The head threading really stinks, and the red head needed to have the filter popped out and filed down, so I cold screw the head down all the way. BTW, each head contains a lense and reflector, and you just change the heads.

http://rayovac.com/flashlight/industrial/ind_ILJ2AA-B.htm
There's a little about it, but they weren't "Industrial" or yellow colored, but green and black. They didn't have any designation, the packaging was "rayovac blue", and you can plainly see the red head.

I have one of those Green and Black versions. I'll just tell you to watch the battery cover as it's pretty loose and slides off easy.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the warning. I've got the red head all filed and glued together now. I don't want another part of it coming loose!
I'm going to use this as an alternate host for an SMJLED, once I can track more down (seeing Lambda's page is sold out).

Bror Jace

Enlightened
The Halfmoon Walmart in this area had the 2D Garrity stainless for $9 ... I passed.

But I did buy that 3 LED, 3AAA clip light . Hard to pass up for $5 (with batteries) and it out-shines my Mini-Mag 2AA with Nite-Ize. :drool:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Webley, I found the deal I was looking for today. I actually need the bi-pins for that Rayovac, because it has a little bi-pin holder that slides in and out of the bezel to replace the bulbs.

And thanks Bror, I was eyeing that LED clip too, but passed. If it's a good as a NI, I may snag one of those as well.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought the 3AAA clip light, and when I opened it up.... there's no damned guts in it!! There's no circuit, just the body and the cell carrier... whatta crock!
They're definatly gonna see me on Thursday for an exchange.

Last edited:

DaveG

Enlightened
Stopped at a Wal-mart today,they are clearing out some lights too,but this one had the pegs for the new lights up and marked.This one had pegs for the 2-aa led mini-mag,the 3-aa led mini-mag up.No lights yet,asked one of the guys,he said they are on order,should be in soon.Priced around $25 and $34 dont hold me to the prices,should have wrote them down.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
I thought it odd, too, that they had pegs and no lights ... but about 25' away they had a point-of-purchase display with a lot of the lights.

I don't like D-Cell lights or I might have bought one.

I'm also waiting for deep discounts on other lights they had ... especially the Dorcy Metal Gear that several on this forum like so much. So far, nuthin. :(

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wal*Mart is currently in the process of revamping their displays and stocking new inventory (and getting rid of the duds). I believe they do it again in about Oct. or so in preparation for the Christmas sales.

Bror Jace said:
I thought it odd, too, that they had pegs and no lights ... but about 25' away they had a point-of-purchase display with a lot of the lights.

LEDism

Newly Enlightened
Be careful with the Brinkmanns. The tailcap on the 2AA LED I had broke off. Same thing happened to a friend of mine. Another friend has the 2D LED and now it only works if you bang it on the ground a few times
yellowlaugh.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
my wallmart was having a bit of a sale too, some closeouts on those same things. I picked up another one of those ray-o-vac swivel lights to mod with something. I also dug through the dorcy 1AAA lights and found 2 of them with the old reflector! They weren't on sale though :(

They were in the process of rebuilding the display, they had their sheets taped up telling them where to put things and FINALLY the Mag LED replacement bulbs were listed on the paper, but not yet unpacked, so I didn't get any.