what kind o flashlight do you own? what kind would you recomend for buying?

gumdokid1220

Newly Enlightened
i have a few lights but i was looking for a light with good distance and is bright and i mean bright.

any help?

NAW

Enlightened
Do you have any preference?

I mean how big can the light be? What kind of batteries? Do you have a budget?

If you want something bright and affordable I would go to a local Home Depot and buy a hand held soptlight. There rechargeable, should be very bright.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sheesh what a choice of names. I just heard gunkid was arrested for numerous federal charges and parol violations and here I thought he was posting here, dang nightmare revisited. Lol ok most wont know who he is, will just say he is infamous on weapons and outdoor sites.

I have and personally really like Inovas. Make your choice, X or T series, both work very well, are built like tanks, are plenty bright, and reasonably priced and you can pick them up at your local Target if you have one.

The X series uses twisties tailcap switched, the T series clickies.

I love the old X0 but many like the newer version.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure that it's probably outside of your budget range, but since you didn't mention what you were planning on using it for and didn't list any other qualifying items, you might want to look at the Maxabeams, since you just listed "distance and bright"

A lower cost option has already been suggested with the low cost battery powered 55W H-3 spotlights

gumdokid1220 said:
i have a few lights but i was looking for a light with good distance and is bright and i mean bright.

any help?

SCblur

Enlightened
Streamlight TL-3. Very bright and great throw. Can also use rechargeables.

Welcome to CPF!

NAW

Enlightened
One of the brightest things you can get for your money is the Thor-x at costco. The thing is big and heavy but it will throw far and will be very bright.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can have fun making your own. Get 2x Li-ion batteries and run them with a Maglite Xenon Star 5D cell bulb. It puts out G2 level light (a lot more than a Streamlight Propolymer lux). It's been done with AA Li-Ions in a Tec-20 (best price here) which doesn't seem to melt as other versions tend to.

If you can get an original Walmart 84 cent light, you can make one the same size as a G2, like here (how long this one runs before melting is unknown). Total cost is 84 cents for the host, $3.80 for the bulb, and about $19.50 for 2 protected RCR123's and a DSD charger from Dae, and the batteries can be used in other things.

Just a thought for the thrifty minded, i.e. cheapskates...

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recommend the SL PP Lux 4AA or 3C. I have the 4AA, and it's a major thrower. It's quite popular here at CPF, and it's only about $30. The 3C is brighter and longer running, but it's a few bucks more and slightly larger than the 4AA.

As far as what flashlights I own, they're in my sig. I plan on getting a Fenix P1 soon as a backup to my L2T.