Terrible realization......

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Last monday, I thought I'd try getting through the week with the same carry flashlight! The SureFire E1L was chosen and I pretty much carried it all day, apart from using my L5 outside once or twice.
The "terrible" thing is, that the little sucker covers 99,9% of what I need a flashlight to do!:ohgeez:
I made the mistake of telling that to my wife :)ohgeez: :ohgeez: ) and got her standard reply: "Of course it does, but when did reality ever stop you from buying stuff you don't need?"
Come hell or high water; next week, I'm gonna EDC my M3CB!:whistle:

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
When my wife constantly reminds me I don't "really need more lights", I politely remind her she doesn't really "need more shoes", or "more jewelry", or.....well you get the point.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
RemingtonBPD said:
When my wife constantly reminds me I don't "really need more lights", I politely remind her she doesn't really "need more shoes", or "more jewelry", or.....well you get the point.

Oh...I see you sleep on the sofa alot too...

greenLED

Flashaholic
The Porcupine said:
...her standard reply: "Of course it does, but when did reality ever stop you from buying stuff you don't need?"
:crackup: :crackup: :lolsign:

Man, that was a good one! Cheers to your Boss! :laughing:
Great story.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Longbow said:
Take my wife,.....please!!!! :grin2:

Been asking the same myself but no takers, they keep telling me to throw in a light and some cash and they'll think about it.

Anyone notice that the mentality is that a light is a "tool', not a hobby, so they wonder why we need more than one of the same tool, like a hammer or wrench.

some will understand that different tools for slightly different jobs, but most have that 'it makes light, what more do you want" ideology.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's why you need an HDS 60GT. It will cover so many uses. That is why I ordered one(coming soon!!) It is like 20 lights in one!!! I also agree the E1L and the L4 are incredibly useful and I carry them almost every day. We will see what happens when I get my HDS...

The Porcupine

Enlightened
GregWormald said:
Reality didn't stop you getting married!!?? Did it?
:lolsign: No, but telling her that would give me a lot of unwanted fresh air and mosquito bites for a few days!
socom1970 said:
That's why you need an HDS 60GT.
Would love to, but house rules are "no more toys this year"! I suppose I could order one, get it sent to a buddy, etc. but I'm too friggin dumb to keep my yap shut about it when I get excited!:laughing: "Hey Honey, look at this incredible new light...:ohgeez: oooops!"

Hmmm.....still carrying the E1L!:)

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is cracking me up!!!! :D

I bet if you carried a HID light that it would cover all of your daily lighting needs too!! hahaha :)

Luna

Enlightened
e1l+kl4+2stage cap+rcr123 = nothing else close

I wish for killer throw but another reality is smaller leds known for throw are no more useful at a distance than this lil rig

jernan001

Newly Enlightened
RemingtonBPD said:
LOL...no, luckily we work different shiftsso I avoid that problem.
Don't think of it as a problem. Think of it as camping with no one stealing your covers as you sleep.:laughing:

Culhain

Enlightened
I'm considering accquiring wife v3, so please don't bring a discussion of brightness or run-time to this topic.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Culhain said:
I'm considering accquiring wife v3, so please don't bring a discussion of brightness or run-time to this topic.

This is one time I would prefer dimness and longer runtime.:laughing:

Marlite

Enlightened
If I send mine you pay the freight! I'll pay for the registered mail to ensure your receipt. I don't have paypal will you take a money order? Or how many cows do you want, or take my green Fenix and Mags.

Just talked to the wife about her Holiday. She won't go to New Orleans. Bellagio @ Las Vegas is prime.

Cheers, Marlite