Help with Orb Raw NS Issue

Catman10

Enlightened
Hello All,
I've had my raw ns for a little while now. I've been pretty good to it. I haven't damaged it and only use it on high for around 30-45 seconds. Tonight, I used the light on high, it then flickered, and decreased dramatically in brightness. From this point on, the bright setting is only minimally brighter than the low setting. I think that it may have killed the battery, too, as it doesn't appear to be taking a charge. Any ideas on what happened, how to fix this, or how to avoid it would be GREATLY appreciated. This is my favorite light and I would be disappointed if I couldn't use it.
Thanks,
Brice

quokked

Enlightened
I had this problem with my original RAW too,
try cleaning all the threads and the contacts with Deoxit and progold.
If you don't have any of that stuff try Alcohol wipes.
Hopefully u have a spare battery, so you can try that one too.
But hopefully it's just the contacts being dirty.
I also stretched the spring on my RAW to make it a little longer which helped with the contact.

onthebeam

Enlightened
Hi,

I have a new NS, too, and had a very similar problem. After the big decrease in brightness, then it lost its two stage ability altogether, with onle one very, very dim setting. I'd had the light only about a week. Tried three batteries. Rob said to mail it back to him so I'm awaiting repair.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Can't wait to get it back as I really loved it when it was working properly.

I don't think it's a dirty contacts issue because the light was new, and the problem suddenly began.

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
1. Clean the end of the tailcap (I just press hard & turn on some kitchen roll)
2. Clean the back of the board (& the circumferential ring) with a cotton bud and alcohol (Vodka will do).
3. Don't be afraid to turn firmly to get the high level.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll agree with FrankMaddix - clean the threads and contacts. It works for me! The battery should take hundreds of charges so I doubt if it's that. If in doubt call Rob at ORB. He loves to chat to CPFers.

Be lucky...

Sasha26

Banned
Same problem here, going to send the PCB back to Rob, and get a replacement...

Catman10

Enlightened
I've thoroughly cleaned off all of the contacts with contact cleaner, but to no avail. To Rob's credit, he's been great in his willingness to make the situation right, so my lights are on their way back to him to be fixed right now, too.
Brice