Need light with Multi-stage dimming

pelks

Newly Enlightened
I am after a light which has multi-stage dimming and has a LED head.
A 2 Cell 123A light would be perfect.
A modded Surefire would be nice ie. G&P drop-in and McE2S tailcap switch.

My funds can only handle it to be around the AU$100 - $150 mark.
(US$75 - $112).

Is there such a light?
Can anyone help?

onthebeam

Enlightened
You definitely want the VB-16, also known as the CPF Special. Do a search here for it and you will find them being sold by member Wits End. It's one of the most useful lights out there. A fantastic torch.

rdh226

Enlightened
pelks said:
Thanks for your replies.

I've emailed Wit's End for some more info on the VB-16 Light. Sounds pretty good to me.

Cheers
Pelks

If you're talking about the CPF Limited Edition Multi-Level Light:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=112127

I wholeheartedly second the recommendation. For US$70 (less), you get a great
multiple-level (from too-bright-for-close-work to just-barely-see-the-LED-glowing) light
that takes standard 2x123A cells, or 17670 rechargeables, or some 18650 rechargeables
(I have some that fit, and some that are too fat) for so-called "free lumens".

About the only thing I might wish for would be a clickie switch tail cap rather than
the twist-it-on type.

I don't see how you can be disappointed by this flashlight.

-RDH

D MacAlpine

Newly Enlightened
Another vote for the VB-16 here, I've been carrying one at work for a while now and it is a very handy piece of kit. As far as I know they outperform the G&P modules and will cost less than your Surefire mod (unless you already have the Surefire and the McE2s!).

Mine was from Waion on this thread. His can be used with 1 or 2 CR123A cells (full brightness from a single cell if you use rechargeables) and come with a clicky switch. I think that he can still get them if you PM him.
Emilion sells clicky tailswitches if you get a CPF special - but in both cases the switches are "reverse" clickies.

As you're on a limited budget I'd suggest getting a DSD charger and some protected RCR123As (or 18650s if you like) from either Dae or Emilion. That way you'll get your light and unlimited power inside your target price.
For protected 18650 cells that fit you might have to go to AW, here

Hope that helps.

Don