Itty Bitty Book Light2 LED Mod

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you with a Costco nearby, you can get these booklights for $15.00.

Of course the tendancy is to immediately open it and convert it to LEDs. DUH!

e1finished1.jpg

More info.

Of course you could have gone ballistic and put 4 3mm whites in there instead of two 5mm. I'm sure one of you will find a way to do it.

Wayne

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool Wayne!
grin.gif

So I know you are going to have the LED's available. How about 56 ohm resistors?
tongue.gif

- Don

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, you caught me.... Not boxing and shipping stuff. I'm modding....
smile.gif

OK, I'm guilty... Tomorrow. For sure... I'll ship more orders. For sure...

Wayne

The resistors are easy to come by. If you want me to stock the resistor, I can if there is enough requests.

The real reason to do this mod is to actually test out my new Nikon Coolpix 775 camera. Man, this camera takes great pictures. The closeups are incredible.

moses

Enlightened
Wayne, I actually did pick up one for my wife two weeks ago. Worked fine with the standard bulb but decided to return it. (Yup, Costco too..) because I wanted something that won't blow the bulb easily. Didn't think about mods.

I ended up picking up the highly rated Voyager off e-bay. Some guy was selling a bunch for $13.99! Have you seen that unit- wonder how the CCFL will compare to the voyager.

My question: How is the Coolpix 775? I saw one today locally being 'blown out'and am looking for info on it.

MO

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
moses,

The Coolpix 775 is a nice little camera. For me I'm upgrading a 1.2M to a 2.1M Pixel camera.

The reasons I got this camera are:

1) A friend was offering it to me nearly new for $150.

2) My current camera sucks in macro mode. (See my web close ups. They suck)

That's basically it. The rest of the features I had not planned on using at all. So, I bought it so I can take better pictures for the web.

Beyond that, I've run it through some informal testing and it has done very well. It has passed almost all my basic informal testing. Flash, color, quality, ease of use.

I do not take any portrait pictures or pictures of family members. For that my friend recommends at least a 3megapixel - 4 megapixel camera.

I think the camera lists still for ~300.00.

Two things I needed that are not in this camera that I would have liked. First, locked exposure. You need this if you want to take multiple panaramic pictures that will be glued together.

Second, built in battery charger. It's nice the camera uses the newer LiON battery, it requires you to remove the battery and insert it into a battery charger. I rather be able to plug the camera in to an AC adaptor or a car cigarette lighter adaptor.

Wayne