Help me build a Xenon short arc monster light

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I am quite foolish with my $ lately, but I can't spend upwards of $2K on a flashlight. I am willing to spend a good deal of time building my own portable Xenon short arc lamp with capabilities similar to the Maxabeam. I know I'm in the right place since you guys are by far the most knowledgeable. What is needed and where can I get parts? Are there any online sites with plans? I can pay several hundred dollars over time, but 2K in one chunk is too much even for my taste. Plz help me get started. I have a background in Electrical and Computer Engineering that I would like to put to use if needed!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The developers kit for the Solarc bulbs looks interesting. Curious: What is needed other than a battery for those bulbs? Looks like the ballast and all that is already attached in a compact package? The Light Cannon uses these, so what else is in a light cannon other than the bulb and attached ballast? Could one build one of these bulbs into a standard flashlight housing? I know the shock and vibration would need to be worked out, but other than that...