SOLD OUT!!! A New Batch of LGI Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
***At this point the sale is over and we are OUT. Please see last post.***

Well the ol' knee is healed up to the point where I am walking about as well as Dustin Hoffman in "Midnight Cowboy".

So with time on my hands (another couple of weeks before I return to work), and the success of LGI sales in the past (with one even going for as high as $75 in a recent CPF "auction" on Buy/Sell), and the deluge of crazed e-mail responses over the Mini LGI ( http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000942 ), and most importantly, with a trusted supplier today offering me another very good batch of super-bright Luxeons, I am now considering making another run of LGI's ( http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/lgi.htm ).

They will still be available at the same price ($55 shipped) for the "regular" LGI in Brinkmann 3AA donor, and $75 for the Mini LGI in the new and diminutive 4.5 inch long NoviGear donor.

The brightness of the Mini will be slightly less intense due to its use of AAA as opposed to AA batteries. All will feature the infamous "alien pee" glow spot at the edge of the collimator for easier location when the light is turned off after dark:

fce1e23f.jpg

If anyone is interested, please sound off here or e-mail me directly. Whether this run takes place or not will depend upon the total number of responses. As usual, payment via Paypal is preferred.

Thank you for your support...

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
put me down for a mini-LGI.
grin.gif
I can't believe i'm doing this...i've spent eneogh on flashlights already...

...oh well. Is Money Order okay?
grin.gif
wink.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Charlie,

I'm up for a mini-LGI... I'll send you an e-mail...

[EDIT]>>> Err... Charlie, please check your PM...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
At two hours after the original post the initial count is:

LGI - 2

Mini LGI - 4

Thanks.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks for the responses so far. I'll be hitting the futons now, but so far the count is:

Mini LGI - 8

LGI - 6

I'd say if we can gather a couple dozen more people we'll be able to start because as like last time, the rest will probably be spoken for when the run actually begins. There are those who simply need to know it is actually taking place before they jump in. Just keep in mind that as usual, not all the Luxeons I have lined up will be that good, and I may have to cut the run short unexpectedly because...

we will sell no LGI before its time.

Thank you all kindly. I remain, as ever,

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Laurence, money orders are not a problem...but please e-mail me before sending payment.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Charlie,
I am in for the mini. I think it will be easier to hold on to while holding on to the seeing eye dog with the other hand. Oh, and I will have to take your word that it is bright since I will probably never actually be able to see the beam or anything else...thanks to that 5 watt cyan you made me.
wink.gif

John

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for a mini. After what happened to my LGI2 I feel I deserve another one.

I guess I never told that story here. I had it stolen out of my hotel room over thanksgiving! Can you believe that? So somewhere out there some criminal is using a light that is completely beyond their understanding. I hope they looked directly into the beam. (thinking of the end of RepoMan kind of effect)

But who am I kidding, I've spent more money than that on groceries last week!
smile.gif

So put me down for 1 mini.

Max

Enlightened
What do you plan to do with the original 7 LED heads that you remove from the Novigear donor?

Status
Not open for further replies.