A great cause & a seemingly perfect event for Flashaholics

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Cancer is pretty serious, and I'm always down to help people out. Its called, approriately enough, the Light The Night Walk, and its to raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I'll be participating in the New York City area, and I'll be sure to bring enough lights with me to do my part and Light The Night.
grinser2.gif

Hopefully lots of people can participate. You can even earn free gas while you're helping out.

http://www.lightthenight.org/site/c.itJZJ7MOIwE/b.711107/k.6D3E/About_Light_The_Night.htm

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
What information in particular were you looking for Carrot? Or is the link not working for you?

bexteck

Enlightened
carrot said:
It appears that information is not readily available on that site... :/

I had some trouble finding info too. It looks like the website you linked is the national one, which means they don't have any specific information since each event will run a bit differently. It took me a while to find, but there is a search box to enter your zip code in and find your local site. It is in the upper right corner of the national site. Hope this helps.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will have to look into it for events close enough to attend. I have been attending and partcipating in a number since my wife was diagnosed and treated with Lymphoma.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck to you and your wife, Lee. I hope she's in permanant remission.

When I last walked in the Relay for Life I wore a cap with a built in light - it looked ridiculous.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you Jay. She is doing very well so far, she had her 3 month CT scan last week and it was clean, so far so great :). My mother in law is doing well also, she had Billiary Tract Cancer at the same time my wife had Lymphoma, and she was treated at Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minn. with a liver resection and radiation and chemo. She just got back yesterday from her 3 month checkup at Mayo in Minn. and she is clean also so far. She is having some muscle myaligia (sp) and sickness as a result of the treatment but it is not anything unusual the doctors say and should pass eventually.

It is amazing how personal cancer can get. In the past year my wife and mother in law both were diagnosed and treated, and my cousin died of Non-hodgkins Lymphoma. Now I try and give a little something (even if it is only time) every time I see some cancer chairity event or box to maybe help some other poor family/person. I several times a month drive cancer patients back and forth from threapy in conjuction with the local treatment center, its a little thing, but hopefully helps.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Hey everyone, I guess from the site design its a little difficult to find specific information. In the upper right hand corner of the page in the link, it says "Find Your Chapter" and there's a box where you can enter your zip codes to find Light The Night walks near you. Best wishes to everyone undergoing treatment and to survivors, and condolences to all who have lost loved ones to cancer.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
This is a really neat idea and I would love to be part of it.

Unfortunately there is not going to be a walk anywhere close to me so someone shine a light for me please. :candle: