A2 Aviator Lanyard Question.......

clipse

Enlightened
The attachment point for the lanyard.....is it only a one time breakaway thing? I was testing mine and it did break away but when it did, it broke entirely.

clipse

clipse

Enlightened
Nevermind. I email Surefire and got a reply in less than 5 minutes. (very very fast) It is a one time breakaway part. I'll be getting another one. :)

Thanks,

clipse

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clipse, if you don't have need for the break-away feature of the stock lanyard ring, then take it off and use a thick doubled-up o-ring with the lanyard instead for a much easier and more secure means of keeping track of your A2. :)

lanyard_a2.jpg

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
clipse said:
Nevermind. I email Surefire and got a reply in less than 5 minutes. (very very fast) It is a one time breakaway part. I'll be getting another one. :)

Thanks,

clipse

It may be designed as a one time breakway, but it can be removed without damage and re-used. If you search the A2 threads on CPF, you should find the instructions somewhere. If I remember correctly, you just have to gently pry the 2 halves apart.

In fact, you really ought to do an "A2" topic only search. You'll find a TON of great info on your new light! :D

leukos did a great A2 tune up thread a while back.

Last edited: