Surefire E2L tailcap switch just broke...

aryntha

Newly Enlightened
Am I going to have to send the whole light into surefire for RMA? Is kind of nuts, the tailcap itself is $37 on the site... this thing must have been used maybe 15 times at most...

SCblur

Enlightened
If you call SF, there is a very good chance they'll send you a new tailcap, instead of asking you to send your light in. This happened to me once, and I have heard of several similar occurences where SF sent out a new replacement part to the customer instead of asking for the whole light. Saves a step in the shipping process, thus quicker.

Vinnie

Newly Enlightened
Hi, My E2E just broke, all I did was call SureFire and told them and 12 days later tail cap arrived. Make sure you tell them the color and coating type. Nick

Pokerstud

Enlightened
There might be a slightly longer waiting period as they are revamping and upgrading thier computer system. I was on the phone with them Friday ordering a part and they told me that it might be around August 11 before anything ships.

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
My first one broke the second one has been going strong for about a year.

Wireman

Newly Enlightened
I've had that happen twice with my E2L.

Both times SF sent a new one out without asking me to send the whole light or even just the switch back.

The clicky switch isn't the most reliable thing in the world, but I like it better than the twisty.

aryntha

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be the exception :)

aryntha

Newly Enlightened
Well, that was good...

Spent about 2 minutes on the phone, no questions asked, they just asked for my address and bam, sent out a new tailcap.

That was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats great aryntha. I have never had any problems getting defective parts replaced by Surefire. That is one reason I have so many of their lights.:)