Longbow Mods...

Doug

Enlightened
What is possible? What can I do to it? Regulation and the ability to adjust brightness would be nice... but don't see how that is possible...

GregWormald

Enlightened
I've got a Micra that I'm modding currently. I have ordered a McR-18 reflector and a UCL glass window. This apparently gives it a good hotspot with a nice side spill, and is brighter than the optic. I'm keeping the optic for 'throw'.
There are some head swap changes available, you can replace the LED, and probably put in a converter board for a different regulation.
Two stage switch--I have only seen, not tried, the 10 ohm resistor in the clicky.
I've found the info slow to acquire.
I guess if you were inclined you could basically re-build it to custom specs just re-using the case.
Greg

Doug

Enlightened
Yeah, I was thinking about that McR-18 reflector... have you tried the light without the reflector at all? Makes for a very nice flood, I must say ... No way to change the LED, it's potted in (at least mine is - is yours?), is there a 2 stage tail for this light?

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Shoppe has cans from which you could build a new LE using the driver and emitter of your choice.

There is also a PR turbo head specifically for the Longbows. They look and work great.

The 2-stage clickie mod probably goes something like this:
- disassemble the tail and solder a resistor (10-20 ohms is probably the range depending on your preference for low) between the spring and the switch so that the previously open circuit (off position) is now a resistored path.

Then the light would operate by twisting the tail for on/off, and clicking the switch to select hi/lo.

I haven't done it with a Longbow, but the principle is the same as mods I've done on the Fenix, SF tails, and Kroll switched lights.