Anyone still doing Surefire E1B mods?

smoke5643

Newly Enlightened
I have the 110 lumen led version of the E1B I believe. I know it isn't the 80 lumen model. I saw an older thread where Tana was offering some aftermarket head upgrades. Just brought this baby out of retirement and looking to "modernize' it a bit. Any replacement heads or original head mod recommendations for EDC? I have a Z68 tail coming for it. Would this work with any configuration to use rechargeable 123s? Thanks for all the help in advance for this semi noob!

ven

Flashaholic
There are a few options, tana does the singLED , pick your LED and driver(tana3 or h17f for example). Around 300lm max, pretty decent all round, small hotspot with broad spill type beam. For a larger output, the tripLED would be the way to go, this requires the head sending to tana for the mod.
sing and trip, both 219b 5000k, tana3 and h17f
W0Yk1D7l.jpg

smoke5643

Newly Enlightened
There are a few options, tana does the singLED , pick your LED and driver(tana3 or h17f for example). Around 300lm max, pretty decent all round, small hotspot with broad spill type beam. For a larger output, the tripLED would be the way to go, this requires the head sending to tana for the mod.
sing and trip, both 219b 5000k, tana3 and h17f
W0Yk1D7l.jpg
That is exactly what I want! What did those mods set you back?

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not 100% sure that Tana can work with the E1B head? The ones shown above are the old style (and my favourite) incan heads, which are pretty easy to lathe out to 20mm to accept modern guts.

ven

Flashaholic
That is exactly what I want! What did those mods set you back?

SingLED
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...T-SingLED-modules-for-Surefire-incan-E-series
TripLED
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?357867-TNT-TripLED-SF-E-series-bezel-modding

SingLED from around $80 and TripLED from around $150, depending on options it bumps up.

As said, prob best to PM Tarik to make sure he can do the E1B, could have sworn i have seen them modded in past, but could be wrong. Might be the triple option for that head.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff also produce High Powered LED Conversions for E1, E2 and weapon lights.

I have one of their MDC HA LMH Li-ion rechargeable heads on an E2D, which has levels of 15/80/400 lumens and runs on a single KeepPower 16650 2000mAh battery.

You could use the same head on an E1 body with a 16340 battery.