It's been running for over a month and won't turn off...

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
or "How I learned to quit worrying about runtime and love the Streamlight
Stylus."

My green led Stylus has been stuck on, running, for almost a month now ( 28 days) that I know of. I have no idea how long it was running before that. I went looking in a box of stuff and saw the green glow and there it was. Apparently the batteries have started to corrode because I can't twist the tailcap to turn it off.

The light output is still quite useful. It works well as a nighlight and can easily light up most of my bedroom at night. I am quite surprised and impressed. I never would have thought that those skinny little batteries had that much life in them.

Danny

Last edited:

vic303

Enlightened
Just call Streamlight, get an RMA number and mail it to them for repair/replacement. Streamlight has great customer service!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If Streamlight doesn't replace it, the battery manufacturer may, and Streamlight may indeed refer you to the battery manufacturer, but in either case you can probably get it replaced by one of the companies.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I know, I am not worried about that. There is a Streamlight distributor/dealer in town here that I can take it back to. I am just shocked how long it has been putting out light. I never dreamed that it would have kept running this long.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll see in my signature that I have 4 of em. I have 2 (a silver & a black) that I swap occasionally, and have been carrying and using daily for over 3 yrs now. Same batteries. Still do the job. Very, very handy when kept in my shirt pocket, I can whip it out and have it on in less than a second!

UKSFighter

Newly Enlightened
Thats pretty cool, I never thought they would run for that long. Time to do some endurance tests :)

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI it is still going. I have been using it as a nightlight in my bedroom, and it still easily puts off enough light to read with or wander around the house in the dark. It seems to be dimming a little, but it is still bright enough to be very unpleasant to look directly at it. I am buying some more to stash around in emergency kits.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I have one of those gold ones with the white LED from radio shack. I had no idea they would run that long.

phatalbert

Enlightened
Not sure if it's the best idea but I'd be tempted rip apart a lithium 9v (available for 6.50 at my local Ace Hardware) and have 6 lithium aaaa batterries for even longer runtime! :rock:

Please scold me if I'm wrong ;)

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
LawLight said:
Is this thread for real? If so, I'm impressed!

Law

If you want to drive over to Baton Rouge you can come see for yourself. :D I never would have dreamed that it would still be running this long.