Another occurence to scare my relatives into getting more lights...yay!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saturday night, my sis-in-law was leaving my house and noticed her tire was blown. In the street in front of my house, it's dark and has minimal lighting, not enough to see to change a tire/wheel easily. I handed my fiance my Jet1 and I promptly ran out with my SL TL3 and Huntlight FT01. I checked the tire and it was completely flat. While going into her trunk to get the jack and spare donut, I found both my bro-in-laws had brought out their SL Scorpion and Nuwai 2611X to shine in the area to give more light...this along with the Jet1 that my fiance was already holding, my FT01 that I handed to someone else, and me holding my TL3. So many lights!...it was fun!...well, maybe not for my sis-in-law with her flat tire, but it was a light-saber-fest. While I was changing the tire, everyone kept saying "oh, it's so good we have good flashlights right now". I think I may be able to get them to pick up a few more...haha! I'm going to give one to my sis-in-law in case she needs one again. One of my bro-in-laws really wants a new one, but his budget is really tight, so I'm still working on it and will likely help him in getting another one. Ah, good times. Sad I have to go back to work on Monday...damn work.:scowl: :rant: :mad:

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like they have enough lights. Sheesh, I cant get my parents to stock batteries let alone good lights.

Mad1

Enlightened
I gave a guy at work one of the free lights Lighthound gives out and he was very impressed with it. I also showed him my SF L1 and he couldnt belive his eyes. :laughing:

He would probably think I was crazy too for spending £100 on a "torch"

He said wow thats bright. It's a good job I didnt have my ROP or M3T with me. :D

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
jsr said:
.... I handed my fiance my Jet1...
...both my bro-in-laws had brought out their SL Scorpion and Nuwai 2611X...
...everyone kept saying "oh, it's so good we have good flashlights right now"....

Sadly, these are all things I don't think I'll ever see or hear!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omega - well, it did take a 4-block blackout in a 2-story building and this flat tire to get them talking like that. Now, I just need another blackout and I'll get them hooked! :D You just need some similar occurences for these ultra fun times.

lukevsdarth

Newly Enlightened
:grin2:
JSR you might consider giving them a relatively cheaper flashlight light from Walmart or Target even a Brinkman Maxfire is nice expensive batteries but pretty bright. Xmas is coming up maybe a birthday -kill two birds with one stone.
Your sister could use a area light like a Flourescent 4AA Energizer, I know my wife loves it.
Your talking about your expensive lights what I have learned from experience no one will take care of your lights like you. Sheesh I let my brother-in-law borrow my G2 SF told me he would return it. Months later I found it at his house full of mud thrown outside. I was pissed :mad:

Fred