Anyone own a Heliotek 2

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just seen this light's website and it appears to be a really neat light designed for Lithium AA batteries. Anyone own one? Pros and cons?
Thanks!

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're nice lights, according to FR (five stars), but they're kind of old. Did you have a specific purpose in mind, or is it flashaholism?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah ha! In that case, go for it. It's a very serious illumination tool (and it'll get you funny looks from non-flashaholics, which is always fun).

Check out Quickbeam's review.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are threads about it. The short answer is that it's a solid torch. Good flood, great throw, fantastic run-time. As an added bonus, it's waterproof and floats. You're not going to stick it in your pocket, but as lighting tools go, it gets high marks.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one after seeing Quickbeam's review. I liked the idea of a ultra durable small dive/survival light...

It has a very large head compared to the thin handle, but it was a very neat design. I really liked the diffuser, though the beam was not incredibly bright - a trade off I was happy to make to have 7 hours of burn time on one set of batteries.

After playing with it for a couple of days, the magnetic switch started acting up. The light would stay on, then turn off and not come on for several on/off cycles. Then it would work fine again...until forty or fifty cycles later, it would not come on at all, even after changing batteries.

I called the company and they were very nice. They said they had had a switch (3rd party part) problem before but thought it was corrected. I asked for a exchange, but they said they would rather refund my money until they got the problem solved, then they would contact me. They credited my card, but I have yet to hear from them....Too bad...neat light.

This happened a year ago...They have very likely fixed the problem by now.

Walking in the Light

Newly Enlightened
Very satisfied with mine. Very long throw yet nice spill. No problems with my switch. Would probably do very well for night diving since the thing is so waterproof. Long run time is a plus (approx. 6 hours with lithiums). Is in a totally different category than my HDS Basic 60 and Pierce M10n. Bigger and longer size makes it easier to handle. Slides easily into your pocket cause the exterior case is some kind of tough plastic. In the past 2 years I've ebayed many of my lights but not this one. This is a well engineered product but it might not be suited for your needs. Typically it is just not necessary to be so waterproof unless you are a diver.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a light that I will purchase next! Thanks guys for the info on the light!!