A good-bye... of sorts...

greenLED

Flashaholic
It's been one hell of a ride since I joined a couple of years ago. I've worn several "hats" during my stint here, and I can say that I've truly enjoyed (most of) them. I've learned *loads* of stuff, have met some really outstanding folks, and made some real friends. CPF is a great place, and it'll always have a place in my heart. I've reached a point, however, where I need to distance myself from CPF.

There are many reasons for this. Most importantly, I need to finish my dissertation and move on with life. Posting this will serve as a reminder that my priorities are elsewhere, as much as I love CPF. Also, as I reflect upon my CPF experience, I am not sure I'm thrilled with where it is going... I would like to see more innovation, more creativity, more technical discussions, more sharing knowledge, more openness, more community, and less profiteering. Not that commerce is a bad thing for CPF, but I need a break from that trend - maybe that'll reset my modder wanna-be and community activist perspective.

This is not a definite farewell by any means - I'm too addicted to quit cold turkey, and I have pending projects and business that I will continue to be involved in, until those are finished. After that, who knows? In the mean time, make your involvement here worthwhile for the entire community - it is one of the greatest and most unique communities I've found. It is my most sincere wish that it continues to be so.

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
:mecry:

We'll all miss you! Good luck with your dissertation and best wishes to you. And remember - if you're ever feeling down... "lighten" up! :grin2:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Who am I going to buy glo rings from now O green one?
All the best Norm

atm

Enlightened
You have been a big part of a lot of the good things I have seen on CPF in the short time I've been here greenLED, thank you for that.

I wish you all the best with your dissertation, and hope to see you around here for a long time to come, even if it can't be as regularly as previously. :)

Andrew

B@rt

Flashaholic
duckysunsetear2jg5.jpg
graemlinir9.png

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Migs, best of luck with the dissertation. Have you found a 12 steps program for flasholicism? I think you are scared of what will happen when you hit 10,000 posts.. :) Cheers,

Paul

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
Punk, I empathize with you 100%. I just feel lucky to have been around during your very active presence here. Your knowledge and sprit will be missed, but not forgotten. Best wishes in all of your future endeavors my friend.

:candle:
-DF

cy

Flashaholic
greenie, totally understand....

kinda of getting burnt out too...

maybe a break for awhile would be good. several long time cpf'er have taken long breaks and are back. though not as frequent.

take care..

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck in all you pursue Migs!
Your insight and good natured perspective will be missed.. I too am glad you were here in my time at CPF.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi GreenLED,

Although you might not be hear as often, I am glad that you plan to stick around, even if only on a limited basis.

You've been helpful to me and countless other here.

All My Best,
John

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Migs,

Please don't make this a permanent thing! :faint: Take the time to do a bang-up job on that dissertation, but don't shut the door!! Please. :( You add so much to our community, and maybe there have been some things happen around here that none of us would have wished, nor liked, but YOU are one of the shining personalities that make CPF what it is!! :thumbsup: No one could shoulder your load around here for long, Punk. Take some time and breathe some fresh air, but please come back. We can't lose you forever, you alone help set a positive, helpful tone around here, and that mi amigo, is priceless and something we take too much for granted yet can't afford to lose...:eek:

Please don't turn out the Green light :candle:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck in all you do, you will be missed. You have always been one of the friendly, open, and head screwed on right people here, since the day I have joined you have stood out in such a role. I hope you do not leave completely, just take a break.

CPF's lumens will be lessened with your leaving...

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
:sigh: <- My first reaction.

:whoopin: <- My second reaction!

Migs,
I just hope that whatever road you take in life that it brings you happiness and contentment. I am very blessed that our roads intersected when they did. Thanks for always putting others first and for setting an example of how to be a wonderful person and friend to everyone.
God Bless,
Jeff

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Miguel,

You are one of the best and most respected. Take the time out you need; everyone needs to take a step back to get a perspective on things every now and then. But as Eric said, please come back.

Good luck with everything!

Donald

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I've shared your feelings on occasion, and even stopped posting entirely for three months after my father passed away. Sometimes it's necessary to step back once in a while to put things into perspective. I ultimately came back because I felt this place was too much a part of my life to leave entirely even though I don't post as frequently as before. I hope the same happens with you. Good luck on your dissertation!

carrot

Flashaholic
I'll miss seeing you around all the time, PUNK.

kittenchicksml9.jpg
\
Don't forget all of us in chat!

And, like EricMack said, do a bang-up job on that paper!