pt 40 vs sf g2...

A-3

Newly Enlightened
hey guys. so which one throws farther? :grin2:

pls and thanks, allan

iamerror

Enlightened
Hi,
The Surefire should throw farther and be brighter than the Tec 40 (I assume you are talking about the Princeton Tec light). I believe there are modifications you can do to the Tec 40, however, to increase its brightness.

strat1080

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire G2 definitely has more output and throw. I would say about 2x the output and throw respectively. Of course the SF G2 only runs for an hour on relatively expensive 123 Lithium batteries, while the PT Tec40 will run for over 3hrs on very inexpensive AA Alkalines. We are talking apples and oranges here. For most tasks I would say the PT Tec40 is more appropriate. It has enough output to really light stuff up. It does put out about 40 lumens and has about the same throw as a SF E2. Go to www.flashlightreviews.com and check them out for yourself. All of the specs are right there. It has to be the most informative web site relating to lighting products that exists.

If I was stuck with one light out in the boonies to navigate and complete various tasks in the dark, the Tec40 would be my choice. The very high output xenon torches are very specific in their usefulness. Too bright for many tasks and very short run times on very expensive batteries. The Tec40 is bright enough to get most of the G2 tasks done while being much more appropriate and economical for many more uses. The Tec40 is also waterproof to something like 500m. For a general use incand. flashlight, the Tec40 is very hard to beat. I consider it a 3D Maglite that is much smaller and lighter. Its one of my favorite lights.