New cell phone (question)

BUZ

Enlightened
I just got a motorola V3 razor and am trying to upload pics from my phone to my pc. I have a usb cable from my camcorder that fit's perfect but for some reason I cannot upload any pics!
icon_mad.gif
Do I need to buy some special software or something, anyone know?

This is the phone: http://motorola.digitalriver.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=motostor&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=36252600

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you need the Motorola Phone Tools software to use the data cable for anything other than charging.

Myself, I use Bluetooth for photo transfers. The phone can be in the next room and it works!

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you find drivers for it then try bitpim and see if it can detect and download from it, its free.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I uploaded my Razr pics and they sure were crappy. Most webcams produce better pictures. But this is with the 0.3megpixel camera, I know some Razr models have higher rez cameras.

BUZ

Enlightened
geepondy said:
I uploaded my Razr pics and they sure were crappy. Most webcams produce better pictures. But this is with the 0.3megpixel camera, I know some Razr models have higher rez cameras.

My phone takes decent pics, the one of my dog isn't so good cause it was getting dark out and I had the brightness setting all out of whack! There kinda nice to have, never know when the camera could come in handy!!

BTW I purchased phone tools 4.0 off ebay and it works awesome, also has tons of other useful features!

0911060945er3.jpg

Last edited:

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Some phones work better than others. I snapped this this morning on my way to work. No planning or composition. 1.3 megapixels. It was under an overpass right at sun-up, so it was pretty dark.

coplights1.jpg

This picture is CPF worthy for two reasons;

1) The camera (LG Vx8300 ) uses a luxeon for a flash.
2) The light bar is made up of luxeons.