Liteflux LF1 ver2 much better than FENIX

nsx88

Newly Enlightened
I got to compare a LiteFlux LF1 (version 2) & FENIX L2T & L2P.

1. The beam TINT from Liteflux (3 units actually) are PURE WHITE!!!, while the FENIX gave use GREEN TINT and Purple TINT. It really annoys me. ALL the members here that got Liteflux said the TINT is always WHITE!!! Why would we pay to get a light that tells us to play lottery with the tint. I guess FENIX did not select their TINT properly.

2. The HAIII coating on FENIX has uneven shades of black (that means the head black color is slightly different from the middle part & the END part.) The LiteFlux HAIII is so uniform that it's like from the same piece of metal. Why one earth did FENIX do that? I guess because they are different OEM(manufacturer) that make the parts for them.

3. The FENIX body is very slippery compare to LiteFlux. Liteflux is a bit sand blasted i guess.

4. FENIX does not have the momentary high beam(with pressing) that LiteFlux have.

5. LiteFlux low mode is much much lower than Fenix's low mode.(it waste battery instead)

6. It even accepts alkaline, NiMH, Lithium and LiON 14500. Defintely get the 14500 LiOn cells to make the LF-1 fly to the moon.

7. The LF1 version 2.0 improves very much compare to version 1. Now it don't wobble on tail stand. U get extra holes on the butt for keyring & lanyard.

8. At least LiteFlux have 2 silver rings that provide some reflection in the dark compare to complete black on FENIX.

9. Modifying the LED on LiteFlux is much easier than FENIX, since the component is modular.

10. Oh yeah, LiteFlux comes with one pc AA module & one pc 2AA module for the same price, in a GIFT box too!! The FENIX L2T , one got to pay US$18.50 to get an extra body. The FENIX L2T packaging sucks real time. I guess the quality of FENIX have gone down so much. The HAIII coating on LiteFlux is so much harder than FENIX in a laser test.

11. One thing good about FENIX is that the metal walls are much thicker than LiteFlux...

12. Mine is serialized also.

13. The low quality of FENIX :thumbsdowcan also be detected in the absent of lubricant on the O-rings that cause O-rings to be eaten. These low quality factors have cause flashlightreviews to demote FENIX from 5 stars to 4.5stars. (http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/fenix_l1p.htm)

The service offer by "LED Cool" that sells Liteflux in the forum is outstanding. He really knows what he's selling. Why don't the FENIX users try to get Liteflux LF1 and compare to the FENIX that they currently own. I am sure they will discover the same thing that I do.:)

Anyone that have both Liteflux and FENIX please comments on your findings on this thread also.

Last edited:

aceo07

Enlightened
My Fenix L1T actually has a better tint than my LiteFlux LF1. The LF1 was a bit greener.

I do like the fact that the LiteFlux comes with the extra tube. Charging more than $10 for an extension tube seems like a rip off. :thumbsdow

The Fenix body seems nicer and the lettering on the body is better.

The low mode in the LiteFlux isn't done properly. It will activate high output for a split second before clicking into low mode. I have to remember this else it will ruin my nightvision.

The Fenix L1T DOES have momentary high mode. If you twist the head into low mode so that it's very close to high mode. When in low mode and the flashlight in your palm with the thumb on resting on the head, you can lightly push down on the head to get high mode. Think of it as lightly bending the flashlight at where the head and body connect.

I never really noticed the metal rings on the LiteFlux helping in the dark. It is not stuck to the body, there is a chance that it will fall out when changing the batteries. I usually tie glow-in-the-dark rope to my flashlights.

Do you have a link to the testing of the HAIII? What's laser testing?

The packaging for the L1T/L2T isn't great, but I remember the L1P packaging was good.

Serialized isn't a big issue for me unless it's a small production or very expensive.

The L1P did get demoted 1/2 a star, but the L1T and L2T have full 5 stars as does the LF1. It seems a bit unfair to compare a newer product to an old product.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
chevrofreak said:
LiteFlux low mode doesn't save battery, it wastes it. The use of a resistor burns up that power instead of reserving it.

I've observed the same in my testing. The problem is particularly bad with NiMH (which I use). In 2xAA format with 2300mA NiMH, the LF1 on low lasts less than 5 hours, whereas my Fenix L2T lasts about 22 hours. That's a pretty big drain for a dimmer light!

Other than that though, I would consider the two lights as equivalent in build quality and output. Personally, I prefer the matte finish of the Fenix, but it's not a big deal. Of course, the LF1 does have the advantage of better regulation on high (best I've ever seen, in fact).

If it weren't for the resistor on low setting, I'd recommend the LF1 overall. As it stands, I'd have to recommend the L2T as a general purpose light for most people. Of course, it all depends on how you plan to use it.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
selfbuilt said:
Of course, the LF1 does have the advantage of better regulation on high (best I've ever seen, in fact).

Better than the L2P or P1? The LF1 is basically single output light like those two, but with a resistor added for low mode. It doesn't use a complex dual output circuit like the L1T and L2T do.

I have a feeling that nsx88 is here solely to troll about Fenix lights, since that's all they've done so far.

Do you work for LiteFlux perhaps?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
chevrofreak said:
Better than the L2P or P1? The LF1 is basically single output light like those two, but with a resistor added for low mode. It doesn't use a complex dual output circuit like the L1T and L2T do.

Good point ... I meant to say best regulation I have seen in 2-stage light. But I see your point, and you are quite right - that's not a fair comparison, since the LF1 isn't a circuit-controlled two-stage. Given the resistor, the LF1 is more the equivalent of a single-stage light with a standard resistor mod.

I should have thought of that before :ohgeez: ... looking at it that way (which I now see is correct), the regulation is indeed comparable to the single-stage lights like the L2P or P1. Thanks for pointing that out!

Going forward, seems to me that a good way to describe the LF1 is as the equivalent of a L2P/L1P with a resistor mod.

In any case, I'm sticking with my L2T for everyday tasks. :)

carrot

Flashaholic
I have only the Fenixes and I have found not one single deficiency that would spur me to buy a LF1. Sure, a tactical style clickie with momentary is nice, but not at the expense of reliability. The tint is fantastic on every one of my Fenixes. Only my L1T has mismatched anodizing.

Fenix lights have a proven track record with failures few and far between considering the amount of Fenix lights on the market. That's something LiteFlux does not have yet. I'm not saying that the LF1 is more prone to failure, but because the Fenix is a proven brand, I feel safer in relying on Fenix for light.

It's nice that you come on this forum to bash one of the more recently popular brands. Liteflux pay the bills? Starting your time on CPF with your first posts bashing is not a good way to go.

nexro

Enlightened
I own both L1T and the LF1 and I like them both.
Tint wise, the L1T is pretty bad, I had a few with greenish if not yellowish tint. LF1 on the other hand is good and white.
The switch for both lights is pretty realiable. I've been using my LF1 for a few weeks and had no problems with it. L1T's switch is of course just as good. I've never had any Fenix switches fail on me yet.

nsx88

Newly Enlightened
Dear Carrot, I don't feel that highlighting some good points of the Liteflux and some negative points of Fenix is consider bashing, right?

Liteflux does not even pay for my batteries & I am not on Liteflux payroll. Actually they dont even reply my emails.

If another brand comes along with a better & cheaper light, I would be saying the same thing about the new brand too. That's why I ask for others comment as well. I wanted to see how many have the same experience as mine. If Mr. Chow would sell me a FENIX that have a WHITE BEAM, consistence barrel color, I would buy it too & praise it also. Since FENIX barrel quality & feel is much better than Liteflux (it feels more solid than LiteFlux).

yekim

Enlightened
chevrofreak said:
LiteFlux low mode doesn't save battery, it wastes it. The use of a resistor burns up that power instead of reserving it.
And how does the fenix create it's low mode? IT does not look like it has PWM. IF it did use PWM it would seem like you would access it by just a push of the switch like every other PWM light out there rather than by a mechanical means, like twisting the Bezel.

On top of that, there is no "spotting" on low when you wave the light, no matter how fast you wave it across a white wall.

I have an L2T and many LF1's. I used to say I could not declare a winner between the two, but after a couple months, I am leaning heavily towards the LF1, but that is because it works FOR ME. THe switch does not get turned on while sitting on my pocket, the tint is awesome, and I like the candle mode.

I am not going to bash the Fenix, nor anyone who finds that it is a perfect fit for them because it is a good light. Either will make non-flashaholics go "Wow" and want one because of how bright they are.

Last edited:

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
yekim said:
And how does the fenix create it's low mode? IT does not look like it has PWM. IF it did use PWM it would seem like you would access it by just a push of the switch like every other PWM light out there rather than by a mechanical means, like twisting the Bezel.

On top of that, there is no "spotting" on low when you wave the light, no matter how fast you wave it across a white wall.

I have an L2T and many LF1's. I used to say I could not declare a winner between the two, but after a couple months, I am leaning heavily towards the LF1, but that is because it works FOR ME. THe switch does not get turned on while sitting on my pocket, the tint is awesome, and I like the candle mode.

I am not going to bash the Fenix, nor anyone who finds that it is a perfect fit for them because it is a good light. Either will make non-flashaholics go "Wow" and want one because of how bright they are.

Fenix actually uses a fully regulated circuit instead of the cheap and easy way of doing it with PWM or a resistor. The light output from the time you turn it on until the time the batteries are dead is dead constant.

Fenix%20L1T%20low.png

The runtime may not be as long, but it puts out WAY more light on low than the LF1 does.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to pop in and make a little comment. nsx88 said that LiteFlux doesn't answer his emails like it's a good thing. My L2T had a little trouble tailstanding in the beginning, and Fenix CS was extremely responsive. I disassembled and reassembled the tailcap a few times, and the problem cleared up.

I have noticed nothing bad about Fenix so far. I have an L2T and a P1.

And, nsx88, your posts so far (all of them, in fact) really do seem to come across as trolling and bashing against Fenix. If this isn't your intent, try changing your posting style. Your being a new poster with two of three posts bashing a highly regarded product and the other defending yourself (and causing confusion as to whether you actually own said product) may be regarded a bit suspiciously.