LOL... My Wife's Comments on Her Fenix E1

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my wife carrying a Fenix E1 on her keychain... She really likes it a lot...

Recently, I was at dinner w/ her and I talked about how the Luxeon mod for the E1 and how it helps the beam not be so ringy and blue....

She then got friendly/agervated that I was going to change her Fenix... I asked her "Doesn't it bother you that the beam has artifacts in it/rings and that it has a blue tint.

She repsonded "No, I look at what the beam lights up... I don't look AT the beam!" I just lol'd...

Seems that being on this website for so long has made me 'too' much of a beam connoisseur by her standard! :D

phatalbert

Enlightened
Ahhh, she's become attached to it :) That was my wife's reaction when I wanted to take apart the coin cell keychain light I gave her to put a nichia CS in it. :grin2:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
TORCH_BOY said:
Rather than mod it with a Luxeon, wouldn't it be easier to get the L0P

An E1 with a Luxeon still runs 3+ hours while the L0P runs about 1 hour.
The E1 isn't as bright, but bright enough for keychain use.

I did it the mod to mine, and something really good has to come along to dislodge this baby from my keychain:)

Sverre

OT: Girlfriends don't seem to mind doughnuts, rings and tint issues like we do. The normal response I get when showing her a mod I think improved a light vastly is; that's nice honey, but didn't it look just the same before?...

She does use the low setting on her Q3 so all isn't lost;)

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
TORCH_BOY said:
Rather than mod it with a Luxeon, wouldn't it be easier to get the L0P
i maybe wrong but isn't the L0P more of a spot/spill beam.... where the E0 lux mod... more produces a flood... ? Flood beams are much nicer for most keychain use :)

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting my Girlfriend an E1.
I had to talk her around to it though.
Her mother actually gets way more excited than she does.

I want to mode my E1 when it gets here what did you use?

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Very cool that your Wife really enjoys her Flashlight. Thanks for sharing that story with us.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
We had a power outage last night from approx. 1AM to approx. 8AM.

Sister was grousing that she got up three times and it was pitch black. "There is usually some light from the kitchen or something".

Did she ask me for a light? No.

Some people will never EVER "get it".

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like heariong wife / girlfriend stories about flashlights........my wife just laughs everytime that I bring home another one or that comes in the mail...lol

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
We had a power outage last night from approx. 1AM to approx. 8AM.

Sister was grousing that she got up three times and it was pitch black. "There is usually some light from the kitchen or something".

Did she ask me for a light? No.

Some people will never EVER "get it".
lol.... they always poke fun until they are like "hey... i can't see... its dark..." :D

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously, does the ringyness REALLY bother anyone? As long as it's not like a Mag light unfocused, it's fine