Fake NorthFace Products on Ebay...

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Yup, one more victim to add to the list of suckers(me)! I should of known better. Lets see if the seller is willing to give me a refund.

I found a great site that is dedicated to spotting fake North Face items, however proceed cautiously b/c the moderator is also a reseller of NF brands.

www.thenorthfaceguru.com

My only beef with Ebay is that if I give this guy negative feedback he can do the same to me, even though, I'm the victim here! That policy needs to change, but thats for another discussion.

Anyways, beware.

Regards,
Flavio

Last edited:

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
I once got suckered into a fake Prada jacket. It practically had *fake* written all over it, but I bought it anyway, sigh. But then the seller did refund me all my money :)

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
BugOutGear_USA said:
Yup, one more victim to add to the list of suckers(me)! I should of known better. Lets see if the seller is willing to give me a refund.

If figures. Nothing is safe anymore. I like North Face products too. Guess I'll have to watch more closely.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Seller wants me to mail him back the item first before issuing a refund. I'm not about to get scammed twice in one week. Ebay makes it nearly impossible to put a claim in. I have to wait 10 days??? Just put a claim in with Paypal as well. Any advice?

Flavio

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a recent vacation to Vietnam, almost everyone there was selling knockoff North Face. Prada? Guess? Forget it, all they have is North Face.

Having said that, has anyone noticed a drastic downgrade in North Face's quality in the past 10 years or so? When I was in college that stuff was exclusive and elusive. Now it's cheap and sold at Wal Mart. Makes me wonder what the odds are of getting lucky and getting a knockoff that's superior to the real thing. ;-)

cy

Flashaholic
just about the only recourse, if payed with credit card paypal. hindsight is 20/20..

send it back... what good is fake NF product to you? be sure to insure package w/tracking going back.

when I was in China four years ago, fake North Face products were all over.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Nothing superior about this knockoff. The real deal is 300 Polartec...this one is much thinner. The sewing is crap with threads running everywhere. The orig. labels have been removed and replaced with fake North Face labels, but you can still see where the orig. label used to be. The grey buttons on the sleeve say "North North" when they should be plain basic black. The zipper pulls have Northface printed on when they should be embroidered. It's a better fake than most, but still just a fake.

Regards,
Flavio

Darkcobra

Enlightened
My mom has been working for the North Face for the last 25 years or so....
She tells me of all the stuff that comes back for warantee(sp?) and they have to tell the customer that they cannot cover it as the item is fake. I too remember the days when TNF items were hard to find, now its getting easier and easier to find in the stores and in the streets. Easy to spot a fake.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm afraid that it all boils back down to that old adage of "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" regardless if it's on a street corner, a flea market, or on the web. It's unfortunate but some people who have expectations of getting something for nothing often get burned more often than those who think they have stumbled on to a bargain. It's also no secret that eBay regularly serves as a clearing ground for stolen and counterfeit merchandise, in addition to harboring a few scams for the truely greedy. It's hard to understand why people keep going back again and again, and even harder to understand why some people think that the world evolves around internet auction sites.

metalhed

Enlightened
Thanks for the warning. I mostly try to stick to manufacturer outlet stuff on Ebay...the prices aren't as good, but at least you get what you paid for.