Bad luck with flashlights...

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
I bought a ZTS tester from amondotech. the wrong one was shipped to me (NIMH instead of CR123) and then when I tried to contact amondotech with the problem they said "yes, you ordered the CR123 tester. to test the CR123s you need to use the lower left tester segment that says CR123 on it" . . . duh. It DOESNT say CR123 because its NOT the tester I ordered! :mad: :mad: :mad:

then, I get a fenix P1 today which falls out of regulation a split second after i put in a cell. I go to test the cell and, oh wait, my ZTS doesnt test CR123s!:ohgeez: arrrgH!!!!!

I've pretty much determined that the P1 is at fault, because it doesnt work with any brand new surefire, titanium, or battery station cells. also, I plugged in both cells from my e2e which I know is operating at full brightness (brighter than regulated A2) and it dimmed on both cells.

I don't fault 4sevens OR amodotech for all this, mistakes happen, and I know both are upstanding businesses that will make it right. Its just aggravating when you sit waiting for something special in the mail and it isnt what you expected when it arrives.

Plus, I've been working for several days straight, and if I dont hear from either one by tomorrow then I'll have to wait like four days before I can mail either one back. >sigh<

EDIT 4sevens has contacted me back about 90 seconds after I sent him an email. I've NEVER seen customer response time like that! so the P1 is taken care of. cheers.

Last edited:

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
maybe I should just start a blog for stuff like this and stop cluttering up CPF :ohgeez: