Freeplay lights at Target

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in Target tonight and as usual had to check out the flashlight section. There were 3 new lights that were not there last week. They are the Freeplay Indigo, Sherpa LED, and Kito. I believe Doug from flashlightreviews said the Freeplay line were the only crank lights worth getting.

The Indigo was $39.99, Sherpa Led was $34.99 and Kito was $19.99.

I swear it said Sherpa "LED" but couldn't find a link for it on Freeplay's site, so maybe I just didn't see it right or they don't have it up on their site yet. I believe the Sherpa LED is the Xray LED except the Sherpa was yellow and not see-through. Both of the other lights were yellow as well.

I cranked up the Kito and, like an idiot, looked into the light- geez it's brighter than I thought it would be. I was seeing spots for a while. That 10mm LED looks huge- I personally haven't seen one of these in a flashlight yet- kinda cool. I may pick up the Kito for the trunk of my car to replace my dismally dim shake light Nightstar RS. It's just to dim for much use IMO.

Last edited:

ANW

Newly Enlightened
I saw a freeplay wind up light at target friday night but held off till I learn more about it.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read about the light here a few days ago, and saw it in Target. It looks like a quality product for $39. I didn't get it as I already have a mini AA Coleman lantern that I'm happy with; and my solar AA charger can keep that lantern going as long as their is sunlight to recharge my NiMH cells.

DaveG

Enlightened
I just saw them yesterday also,from what I remember,the Sherpa had leds. You have to hand it to Target for bringing diffrent lighting choices to the public.I dont need another lantern,but the Indigo looks interesting.

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
The Sherpa Xray, transparent body, and the Sherpa solid colored body are both on the Freeplay site now.

83Venture

Enlightened
Interesting lights and Freeplay has a good reputation. Only problem is that like my solar lights they have rechargable batteries inside that sooner or later will quit working or maybe start leaking.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
83Venture said:
Interesting lights and Freeplay has a good reputation. Only problem is that like my solar lights they have rechargable batteries inside that sooner or later will quit working or maybe start leaking.

If that happens, I'll just take it apart and replace the batteries, even though they are not meant to be replaced. I tore apart an old Braun shaver and put in a new Nimh battery- works great now.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Some years back, Freeplay had a flashlight model that used the the wind-up spring like some of their radios. I recall seeing one at Big Lots. It was a real beast in size and weight.

Geoff