Mag LED in general and 3 aa model

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I drank the cool aid and decided to give another led product a try. The package looks a bit cheesy and they had quite a few 2aa models, the d cell ones and bulbs. No 2 cell bulbs and only one 3aa model. I bought it thinking 3aa is better than 2.

No sooner I started to walk away from the display I had two guys comment on how bright they were. I notice it is a bit long and was disappointed I did not see a holster for it.

At the check out had a few more comments of how bright they are and how one guy bought a bunch of bulbs for his other older mag lights.

Got home, opened it, played with it and could it does come with an open ended holster with belt loop.

It is about as bright as the bug out, but whiter in color. I like the candle mode option myself. I notice it does not have a keyring loop in the tail cap. Nothing a drill cant fix.

Yup, mag has a winner here. Wont be long before everyone with a tool box receives one December 25th.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do make decent work lights that you don't have to worry about scuffing up so much. Just grab and go. I just can't understand why nobody besides me bothers to carry a light at work. Even maintenance. All they have is some crappy, cheap incan.

*shrugs*

Last edited:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sear tire center I worked at had a cheap 2 aa model for the whole shop.

Many folks just cant see spending 25 bucks for a mag light, ten maybe topps.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
cobb said:
The sear tire center I worked at had a cheap 2 aa model for the whole shop.

Many folks just cant see spending 25 bucks for a mag light, ten maybe topps.

Yeah Mag is kind of painted in a corner. They could set up a display so shoppers could compare the differences between the LED and incan and see what their getting for the price difference, but it would most likely hurt their incan sells. They should just release MagLEDs only in the C/D sizes and conitinue to just offer incan bulbs along with their drop-ins since either will work in the same light.

Time will tell the tale on the AA's stand-off since they aren't possible to switch out.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
received my 2 AA and 3 AA Model today.
:(
Shelf queens at best, because of curiosity (1st Mag LED lights).

The 2 AA model has a lengh that I would just accept if it were a light for 3 AAs.
And the 3 AA would make a perfect length for a road bike pump.

OK, there is the longer head (but without using this space for a sufficient heat sink), but why in hell has the end cap, which is already too long on the normal models, benn doubled in length?

I DOUBT HEAVILY, that the public will accept these lights, they are plain too long.

BUT please make the reflectors available at the aftermarket, they are very long and might catch more light (than IMS f.e.)

Last edited:

Bozzlite

Enlightened
I am very happy with the Mag 3AA that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Very bright white light, good spot beam, good side spill, and adjustable beam.

Sigh, now I have to get a Mag 2AA to see how it compares, LOL.

Anyone know where to get a tail cap switch for the new Mini Mag led lights? Thats the only thing missing.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will take a minor modification to extend the contact area to the body of the light, but these work pretty good.

Bozzlite said:
Anyone know where to get a tail cap switch for the new Mini Mag led lights? Thats the only thing missing.