Question about Nite Ize "D" LED

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened
I've been considering the Nite Ize bulb that sells at Target for 9.99 that is supposed to replace the incan bulb in any D cell light from 2 to 6 cells. BTW, it now sells at Walmart for a little under $9.
Everyone here seems to be unhappy with it! But the numbers given in the flashlightreviews review seem pretty good. A throw of 21.21 is exactly the same as the throw of the River Rock 2AA, which I own and think is great, when it comes to throw. Do the numbers not tell the whole story, is it about as good as the River Rock 2AA?

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened
OOPS! 1 more question I intended to ask: Is the Magled bulb that costs $18.86 at Walmart compatible with other D cell light other than the Maglite?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a drop-in replacement for current production lights without any hacking, no.

It will fit into the Streamlight D cell lights but those haven't been in production for quite a few years now.

Genxsis said:
OOPS! 1 more question I intended to ask: Is the Magled bulb that costs $18.86 at Walmart compatible with other D cell light other than the Maglite?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think people are looking for more power in a large D light. But it should have great runtime in a cheapie plastic 2D or something light, and insane amount in a mag 6D!

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened
I agree about the runtime. That would be a strong point for sure! So as far as the brightness goes, how does it compare to a Nite Ize LED for the minimag?