SF switch identification

Akubra

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me what kind of switch that is? I had a look at the SF website, but they dont have this particular model on there-so I assume it may be an older style switch. Am I right in thinking that this is a clickie that will fit an 6P, Z2, M3 and the likes? Thanks in advance!

e2_1.JPG

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is an SW02 and will fit the lights you mentioned and many others with that body diameter.

Mark

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire's .com store has only a few of it's products.

The SW02 TailCap is a key part of it's Millennium Series WeaponLights and can be ordered from your friendly SureFire Dealer.

Al

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
is it a rubber prtective end or nitrolon? does surefire still make these i talked to a surefire dealer here on cpf and he said that they could not get them anymore. here in a week or so i am going to see if my local dealer can get them in. I hope they can they are really nice i knew i wanted one when i first saw them:drool:

Size15's

Flashaholic
It is a rubber and once it is removed it is almost impossible in my experience to replace(!).

I hear every now and then that the SW02 has been discontinued and yet, later more appear. I have a feeling they are produced in batches but not very often as required for large orders of WeaponLights.

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's the "L6-PP Porcupine" (SureFire have a number of Porcupine models - best to find one of the threads already started to further discuss those please)

The SW01 and SW02 TailCaps are 'chunky' so that they are easier to rotate whilst wearing gloves, in the cold and/or wet etc and in high-stress situations.

Al

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size15's said:
It is a rubber and once it is removed it is almost impossible in my experience to replace(!).Al

I took off the boot on my Z49 just to try it out. To get it back on, I've found the best way is to turn the boot inside out, then press it back on the end, turning it rightside out as you slide it on. After a few tries, it should rollover to the point where the inside collar pops back into the groove.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Loomy ... apart from the obvious practical aspects with gloves and all that ... it looks so good and helps balancing the look of the bogger heads on the lights :D ... and it feels good to hold. Good enough for me to want one.

gallagho ... what they said ... L6-PP. Basically an L6 with teeth and a crazy body. This light has the coolest machinging I have ever seen. Only about 500 were made. It is precious, but you can see one on B/S/T for 600-800 USD from time to time.

L6-Pfrontsmall.jpg

The groves are almost tubes ... not just plain grooves .. and they wind like snakes. Crazy.

Some iterations of the SW01 Al mentioned:

SFC2SW01front.jpg

SFC3SW01front.jpg

bernie

Size15's

Flashaholic
sween1911 said:
I took off the boot on my Z49 just to try it out. To get it back on, I've found the best way is to turn the boot inside out, then press it back on the end, turning it rightside out as you slide it on. After a few tries, it should rollover to the point where the inside collar pops back into the groove.

I'm gonna give that a go later! Thanks for the tip!
(It never occured to me to try to replace it in the same way I removed it - by rolling it on because I've seen the hand press device SureFire use to assemble it in action when I visited their facilities)