UX1J Luxeon FT-01

daveman

Enlightened
Does anybody know what the release date for the UX1J Luxeon FT-01 from Huntlight is? I've heard it was expected in October.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure, but I'm looking forward to this light as well! I also heard it was supposed to be hard annodized!!! :rock:

daveman

Enlightened
How much difference is the UX1J expected to make in the FT-01? I assume it'll still be driven at the same specs?

T4R06

Enlightened
one of our member here - tachyon - said that he already ordered to JSB the FT-01 (UX1J i dont know if its HA already)

any confirmation on this? i cannot find really on (huntlight or jsburlys) that they released this new version.

x2x3x2

Banned
Its been out for over 2 weeks already. Just email direct to huntlight to purchase.
Besides the U bin, it has HA III and improved knurling.

They quoted me $79, pretty steep for the improvements made. Im sticking to the regular FT01.

Last edited:

x2x3x2

Banned
Be sure to tell us how it compares to the regular FT01 when u get it too! :)

flame2000

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
Its been out for over 2 weeks already. Just email direct to huntlight to purchase.
Besides the U bin, it has HA III and improved knurling.

They quoted me $79, pretty steep for the improvements made. Im sticking to the regular FT01.

:awman: ......tat is really steep. I was expecting ~$50 to $55 for the newer FT-01.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
An extra 46 bucks for a select bin and HA? No, no, no thank you!

:ohgeez:

The most I would pay for this upgraded model would be 45.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think that $79 is really that bad when compared to buying other lights modified with a U-bin. Wasn't 4sevens selling u-bin modded P1s for ~$90??

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modding one light with another emitter is one thing; buying a different part number by the thousand is another.

revolvergeek said:
I don't think that $79 is really that bad when compared to buying other lights modified with a U-bin. Wasn't 4sevens selling u-bin modded P1s for ~$90??

daveman

Enlightened
Pricing aside, for those of you with more experience in LEDs, what kind and how much of a difference would a U-BIN make over a T-BIN in the FT-01? Is it runtime or output? If it's output, would it be throw, flood, or both? Would the emitter have to be driven at a higher rate to take advantage of the U-BIN?

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phaserburn said:
Modding one light with another emitter is one thing; buying a different part number by the thousand is another.

Well, yes, true. Point taken. I was just thinking that it wasn't bad compared to what one would spent to mod it.

If they could get a momentary clickie on it with the u-bin and HA3 it would stir things up in the Surefire/Streamlight tactical market.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
A U-bin as a general rule would be more efficient. To what degree depends on where the LEDs sit in the bins. Whether output or run-time is affected will depend on the circuit.
daveman said:
Pricing aside, for those of you with more experience in LEDs, what kind and how much of a difference would a U-BIN make over a T-BIN in the FT-01? Is it runtime or output? If it's output, would it be throw, flood, or both? Would the emitter have to be driven at a higher rate to take advantage of the U-BIN?

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
What??? :hairpull:...:confused:

This light upgrated with an U-bin, HAIII and flupic board for only 46$ (totally 79$)is too much for some of you:confused:

So I don't understand the (Flashlight-) world.:huh2:

Best regards

____
Tom

T4R06

Enlightened
i am ready to risk my $79. but the problem is no one replying on JSB site. i had a bunch of email, still no reply