With Fenix why Surefire

phypaa

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Fenix L2T, the construction is fine, beam good...I just wondering why people still want a Surefire...

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well.. Fenix doesnt make any combatlights that I am aware of, and LEDs certainly wont fit everyone's bill this day in age. Other than that... Surefire is still the best flashlight company that I am aware of.
-tom

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quality and reliability.

Some people want to avoid supporting China's economy too, for a variety of economic, patriotic, and philosophical reasons.

Scott

clipse

Enlightened
Comparing my L1T to my A2.........no contest. I realise that they are two different lights but, I would MUCH RATHER have my A2 even at the much higher price. :)

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I take it you don't have a Surefire?

I was thinking along similar lines.

Then I got my L2. WOW. Surefire is a class by itself.

Besides, if something breaks, I can just call them, and they fix it. I doubt that works with Fenix.

marxs

Enlightened
fenix lights are good for a budget, but surefires just look oh so sexy! plus they have a variety of lights with various beam patterns, intensity's, technologies, etc...

and they look oh so sexy!

mark

X Racer

Enlightened
Fenix is a nice budget light, but Surefire is a much better light that features better design, materials, and finish.

Illum

Flashaholic
good progress, you've seen the light of the fenix...

its a matter of time before you see the light of PK

theres no answer to "why?" if there is, it would be illogical

phypaa

Newly Enlightened
Thanks elgarak, I now have the reason to get a L2 or U2
Actually i have a A2 and G2, just like what marxs has said, Surefire is tooooo sexy......I like Surefire, but the price of Fenix is attractive too.

bestcounsel

Enlightened
Where is Fenix made?

Where is Surefire made?

What are operators using?

Who has the best customer/warranty?

When you answer those ? then you will know why...

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix are a good deal for their price. I have a couple. But I use them, take them apart, look at the construction, and am not too impressed. It's simple engineering, with interesting solutions, but no wow-factor. And it's unclear how well it will perform in the long run. I have always the fear that something will break unexpectedly.

Surefire on the other hand....I took my A2 head apart and admired the machining of the head and reflector. That's just beautiful. Sexy, as you said. And it's a solid construction. With built-in failure points. There's a feel of security of knowing what will go wrong if it goes wrong, and what I can do myself to fix it, or when I have to call SF. Just...beautiful engineering.

strat1080

Newly Enlightened
What Fenix light can put out 100+ lumens? nuff said. We are comparing apples to oranges here.

flame2000

Enlightened
Well.......Honda, Toyota is good & reliable, but pple still go for Mercedes, BMW even though they cost a lot more. There are so many factors such as quality and workmanship, warranty support, etc that make pple go for them.
Not to mention, if I got lots of $$$, I will want to collect most of the Surefire models too.
Different pple got different taste.......tat's why they are so many types, makes, models of lights.

Moonknight

Newly Enlightened
I think its unfair to compare fenix and surefire in this manner.

Both of them are a class of their own.

Surefire ruggedness and warranty are top notch :thumbsup: while fenix allows us to have quality lights without burning a hole in our pocket :broke:

So I personally think that each have their own way of uniqueness :clap:

Danintex

Enlightened
This is a discussion of purely personal preference and usage. FI, a firefighter would most likely never pick up a Fenix, while a computer guy wouldn't need a M6. I own both and use each for their respective uses and am happy with both. McGizmo is icing on the cake for me, though I do use every light I have. Just my .002!