Madmax Plus or Nexgen

Reaper

Enlightened
I find that I now need another drop-in module but see that they have changed since I got my first Q3L years ago. I need max. brightness and run time is not really a concern (as long as it gets 1 hour) but the only choices in the Shoppe is the Madmax Plus W/O UX1K or TX1J and the Nexgen 750mA. I already have P-1 and a LOP which is OK, but at times I feel more comfortable having a more sturdy body like the mini. body and able to run with AA's. Also, my older module isn't as bright as the single battery LOP. Any recommendations? Thanks

Last edited:

cannon50

Newly Enlightened
I really like the mini mag form and fit also. As for the Mad Max and the Nextgen mods you mention, I can confirm that you should see a marked difference in brightness and at least an hour of it. I carry the MM wide open with the Fraen optic and the brightness up close at narrow focus is often bright enough to be a pain sometimes when walking my dog at night. I still like it though since we have lots of big spider webs between trees that you won't see with a lesser light.