Alternative Cordura Sheet for SF E2(e)

artar

Enlightened
klaus,
do you have the "globetrotter handbuch frühjahr/sommer 2002" ?
on page 497 are 2 böker, which of them is the right one for the E2?

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the V82 is available since a short while - but I wasn´t in for another troublesome and costly overseas shipping and looked around - I found and bought the Boker Cordura Sheath for the Speedlock/Toplock knives to fit quite well - you can find it at Boker USA and its just 5.95 USD. Can´t link to the page directly but its order # 090049.

Using just the E2 its a bit loose but with the flap over the bezel its secured anyway - putting two spare 123s in there as well makes it an even better fit.

Oh and yes - you can carry it vertically and horizontally.

Klaus

artar

Enlightened
here is a pic of it
090049.jpg

artar

Enlightened
klaus , what do you think of this :
cf03001-.jpg
on page 463. in the catalog the dimensions are listed. i have to measure the size of to cr123a's and compare.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL,

I had exactly the same thought - but I think its to small - the big one is 16mm the 123 is 17
frown.gif
- but the lenght would fit two - maybe if we squeeze the 123s a bit or enlarge the tube / drill it out though
grin.gif

Klaus

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Artar,

the thing for the matches lists no dimensions in the catalogue - the other one IMO is too bulky - one of us should call/email them for the dimensions of the match-thing - you ? have to run ...

Klaus

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I use the orange match holder for my 123's & it works great. Just a little foam to prevent rattle and it's waterproof. I got mine from www.rei.com.

Clint

artar

Enlightened
tw03061-.jpg

globetrotter page 418

the dimensions :
1) outside : 100/30 inside : 80/25
2) 150/40 130/25
3) 150/90 130/75
all dimensions in cm

axolotls

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by artar:
klaus , what do you think of this :
cf03001-.jpg
on page 463. in the catalog the dimensions are listed. i have to measure the size of to cr123a's and compare.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have one of the small ones on my keychain ($2 I think). It definitely only holds two of the large Advil capsules
grin.gif
or four Tylenol caplets.. Probably get one AAA in there.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by artar:
klaus, at www.conrad.de i have found this
22DD4E3C57B8E50EE10000000A010251.JPG
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use this exact item as a cigarette holder for when I need to be wheeling out in the rain. Holds a soft pack of 100's and a Bic or Scripto cigarette lighter. Totally waterproof, and it floats when closed.

My version is an opaque day-glow green. I definitely wouldn't want to put money or cigerettes in a transparent container and hang that around my neck. That just invites some crack smoking thug to come and tear it off, possibly choking you in the process.
blush.gif
I've got enough problems in this part of town as it is - a few nights ago, some yo-yo thought it would be cool to see a burning wheelchair racing down the street, and set fire to the stuff I had behind the seat.
shocked.gif
So I won't be carrying money, smokes, expensive flashlights, or other articles in transparent containers like this, thankyouverymuch.
grin.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I use this exact item as a cigarette holder for when I need to be wheeling out in the rain. Holds a soft pack of 100's and a Bic or Scripto cigarette lighter. Totally waterproof, and it floats when closed.

My version is an opaque day-glow green. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny - does it say "Newport" on the side? If so, I have the same one! I don't smoke, but it fits my wallet perfectly or loose ID, Money, and credit card - great for at the water theme parks or the beach.

found the Coghlan's matchbox here: http://nt1.adventuresports.com/shops/mountain/mssearch.asp?Option=Detail&Detail=043655 for only 1.19 - shipping 3.95, over $50 order shipping is free.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quickbeam:
That's funny - does it say "Newport" on the side? If so, I have the same one! I don't smoke, but it fits my wallet perfectly or loose ID, Money, and credit card - great for at the water theme parks or the beach.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine just says "JUMP" in big bold letters on one side. Found it at a flea market for under a buck. And it will hold a wallet, or other assorted pocket riff-raff like money, ID, phone card, crack stems, extra Walkman batteries,and keys; plus it's opaque so nobody has to know what's inside it.
grin.gif

And if you don't load it down with too much loose change or batteries, it floats too. That's good if you're one who goes to water parks or beaches. (imagine a 400 pound motorized wheelchair going down the log flume)
wink.gif

jump1.jpg

I guess it *doesn't* fit a wallet.

jump2.jpg

But if I empty all the stuff out and load the container without the wallet part, everything fits just fine with room to spare for keys, Arc-AAA, lighter, cardex, and other small articles you want to keep protected. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those newer "micro-tac" type cellular telephones can fit in this thing.