Surefire Warranty

ahw

Newly Enlightened
I have several problems with the 1st Surefire light I have bought. My E2L Outdoorsman has a crooked tail-cap spring, the tail-cap gets stuck sometimes and cannot be turned off, excessive wear already on the thread and MOST notably and periminate marker streak on the contact. The light was NEW IN BOX ONE WEEK AGO! and I have only had it on for about 15 minutes. Will SUREFIRE replace the whole light with a new one or just "patch" this one up? I bought it on EBAY from a seller with 2300+ positive feedback with ZERO negative so I know it's not a fake. Really frustrated about spending over 100 dollars on a light with problems. Will they hassle me?
AHW

onlinewarlord

Newly Enlightened
ahw said:
Will they hassle me?

No.

Just give them a call and tell them about the problems you are having. If it's just a problem with the tailcap they might just send you a new one. If its more involved than that you might have to send them your light. Either way they will fix it without nagging you.

It sucks you had a bad experience with your first Surefire...but they do live up to the "If it breaks we'll fix it", so things should improve.

xdanx

Enlightened
Call Surefire don't email them. Surefire made a bad run of Z57/58/59 tailcaps and they will send you a new one free of charge. Just tell them it broke and your shipping address and a new one will be on the way.\

EDIT: looks like onlinewarlord got to it first

Loomy

Enlightened
If the tailcap is the only problem, they will just mail you a new one :D

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can tell you from my experience with Surefire's warranty is that they have the best warranty support I have ever seen or used. I have always had very good response and resolution from them. Call their customer support and tell them what happened. They will take care of you very well. I don't like their e-mail customer service, though. Call them for sure.

ahw

Newly Enlightened
It's not just the tail-cap and spring, but also the worn threads on a brand new light and the sharpie mark on contact, does SUREFIRE ever replace an entire unit, b/c I am mailing the enire light to them, I will call them tommorow and make it clear to them that I want an ENTIRE NEW UNIT. this one has problems on all 3 body parts.

xdanx

Enlightened
Most likely they will fix anything that is wrong with the light. Just be specific about whats wrong with it.

JimmyB

Enlightened
Are you talking about the little sharpie type pen mark near the positive contact on the inside of the head? Mine has this too and I assume it's a way of signifying some stage during assembly. It's on the INSIDE of the light. What is the problem with this?

How are you determining that the threads are worn? It's normal to see some black aluminum in the lubricated threads after they're used a bit. It doesn't mean they're worn out. Are you having contact problems other than the tailcap?

As for the tailcap, call Surefire, they will send a replacement. Quite frankly if you complain about a pen mark on the inside of the LED head they're not likely to take you too seriously. That is just my opinion. You do whatever works for you

Good Luck.

Last edited:

ahw

Newly Enlightened
Well I guess since yours has one too then it's probably normal, I just have never seen this before. oh well, i guess i'll just have them mail me a new tailcap. JimmyB, how long have you had your E2l(It looks like it has a lot of service time)

JimmyB

Enlightened
Well first of all, welcome to CPF. I didn't see you're new here until after I responded. I've only been here about a year myself. It's been a great place to hang out and I hope you'll stay.

I've had my E2L for about a year. It does get plenty of use but still looks and works like new. The inside of all the heads looks a bit rough. I don't think a pretty finish is a priority for the inside of the heads. The outside though should be free of blemishes and the light should function 100%. I should probably clean the threads and re-lube them since they are a bit grimy as you noted.

As others have said, some of the clickie tailcaps have been defective. The newer ones seem to be more reliable. I've had a few replaced myself and it can be inconvenient.

ahw said:
Well I guess since yours has one too then it's probably normal, I just have never seen this before. oh well, i guess i'll just have them mail me a new tailcap. JimmyB, how long have you had your E2l(It looks like it has a lot of service time)

Last edited:

ahw

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I noticed that some of you have almost $1,000 worth of lights thats cool but alittle beyond my budget, maybe 1 more surefire for me what do you think about the l4?

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Both my KL1, KL4 and KL5 head have the black sharpie mark, it's perfectly normal. And as others have said already, Surefire will send you a new tailcap if you call them.

ahw

Newly Enlightened
RedLed, I was told the newest surefires come in a package, similar to the ones action figures come in, they are no longer shipped in boxes but rather packages.

I purchased my light on ebay from member "papabrumbelow", he has 2300+ positive feedback with ZERO negative, Now that I concluded that there is a problem with the tail cap only and not everything else I will continue to buy from him, he sells surefire, streamlight inova etc. great prices!

Danbo

Enlightened
ahw said:
RedLed, I was told the newest surefires come in a package, similar to the ones action figures come in, they are no longer shipped in boxes but rather packages.

I purchased my light on ebay from member "papabrumbelow", he has 2300+ positive feedback with ZERO negative, Now that I concluded that there is a problem with the tail cap only and not everything else I will continue to buy from him, he sells surefire, streamlight inova etc. great prices!

Sounds like somebody sold you an opened light and fed you a line. I've never seen a new Surefire in anything but the proper box.

onlinewarlord

Newly Enlightened
Danbo said:
Sounds like somebody sold you an opened light and fed you a line. I've never seen a new Surefire in anything but the proper box.

I believe that most of the new Surefires come in a blisterpack type package.

ksc73164

Newly Enlightened
Check out the "CPF Specials" webpages/dealers in the following link.
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=56067
I've purchased Surefire lights from Optics HQ and Spyder Tactical Supply and been very pleased with the transactions. They offer the best prices I could find on new SF and great service. I've also had a few transactions for used but like new SF lights, parts, and accessories with several cpf members that all worked out well.

My G2 and E1L both came in blister type packaging.

Scot

Last edited:

ahw

Newly Enlightened
JimmyB, more than 1 replacement tailcap in one year? thats not to good, I hope to have a perfectly good light without having to cycle thru several replacement parts, especially if I'm relying on my light in emergencies. It's not a car it's a light. It's seems surefire tailcaps is their achilles heel.

ahw

Newly Enlightened
Are you telling me I can call surefire WHENEVER I have problems and they'll fix it? For example, my tailcap broke, they'll send me a new one, and if that one breaks they'll send me another and so on...? Sounds too good to be true, theres gotta be a catch.