L0PSE Beamshots Vs. Fenix L1P, E1, and E0...

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Got my L0P-SE today, thanks, 4Sevens :)

Fit and finish, excellent, as is par for the course with Fenix, the little wooden box it comes in is a nice touch

this one has a slight yellowish tint to it, but it's actually quite pleasant actually, as it gives an incan-ish depth to the subject being illuminated, it's a very incan-ny LED

as for how it compares directly with other Fenixes (Fenii?)?

(all photo exposure settings were locked in using the L1P as the reference light)

it's *slightly* dimmer than the L1P, but has a larger hotspot
L1P;
L1PvsL0PSE.jpg

L0P-SE on High (setting 3);
L0PSEHI.jpg

It's also *slightly* dimmer than the E1, but has a much smoother beam, the E1 has a tighter hotspot;
E1;
E1vsL0PSE.jpg

L0PS-SE on Medium (the default setting)
L0PSEMED.jpg

It's even slightly dimmer than the E0!, but has a much better balanced beam, much whiter than the "Angry Blue" E0
E0vsL0PSE.jpg

L0PSELO.jpg

looks like Fenix has another winner here, and once again i'm torn as to how to EDC this one, i *could* put it on my keyring, but it seems a shame to subject such a nice little light to keyring abuse, i may end up carrying it in the change pocket of my jeans instead....

the L0P-SE has knocked the E1 and E0 out of my EDC array, actually, i'll keep the E0 on the keyring, but i have no reason to carry the E1 anymore, it goes into the Box O' Lites for backup purposes

Here are some side-by-side (well, over/under, actually) pics...

Top; L1P, Bottom; L0P-SE (High)
L0PHI-L1P.jpg

Top; E1, Bottom; L0P-SE (Medium/default)
L0PMED-E1.jpg

Top; E0, Bottom; L0P-SE (Low)
L0PLO-E0.jpg

Last edited:

cloud

Newly Enlightened
Nice pics there MacTech :thumbsup:

Am waiting on mine to arrive :whistle: few days to wait yet...

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the shots. Those are nice comparisons. Hopefully my SE will arrive tomorrow.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
MacTech said:
Reasonably accurate, yes they are that blue when compared against a Luxeon LED....

Anyone got an E1-47 to compare against a L0P-SE?

The E1-47 is much better at the 12 lumen light level. It's brighter overall, whiter, and is focused a little better for throw. I assume the runtimes are the same, then the E1-47 is much more efficient.