Make a Fenix L3T?

charleykay

Newly Enlightened
Can the L2T with a spare L1T body be joined together to make a 3AA torch to run on AA NmHI cells?

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Possibly, But not sure if the circuitry can handle the extra voltage. either that, or be careful of the LED frying in the log run unless the circuitry was designed with that in mind.

EssLight

Newly Enlightened
The L1T and L2T bodies have male threads at each end; the head and the tailcap have female threads. So as-is, the bodies cannot connect to each other. You could have a male to male threaded adaptor made, although if you need to have a part machined, you might as well machine a 3-cell body.

The L2T head is rated for an input up to 4.0 Volts, so you could power it off of 3 NiMH cells. Since the output is regulated, I would not expect it to be any brighther that way, but you would get a longer runtime.

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
EssLight said:
The L2T head is rated for an input up to 4.0 Volts, so you could power it off of 3 NiMH cells. Since the output is regulated, I would not expect it to be any brighther that way, but you would get a longer runtime.

The L2T uses the same head as the L1T and Fenix said that with a Li-ion in the L1T it can reach up to 75 lumens. You can probably expect around 65 lumens. I understand that the circuit goes to direct drive after it reaches a certain voltage level. I can't remember off hand what it is, but I think it's around 3.4 volts. Input voltage is up to 4 volts.