Consider Updating Your Member Profiles ?

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is just about friendliness. Community building, strengthening the relationship many feel towards fellow members. The Profiles only contain basic details - perhaps the only really private matter is your e-mail address, and that can be withheld. But I think that many people register without completing all the fields they could do, simply filling in the very minimum necessary.

If you want to maintain total privacy, you will still do so, while perhaps allowing a little more of yourself to show, letting other members know "what you are about".

Is it possible for y'all to check what info you have already recorded, and update as much as you feel you can. The place to click is always on every CPF page, on the top right, like this:

CandlePowerForums
my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

So you just click on "my profile", and then choose "View/Update Profile"

Perhaps consider filling in the "From" category, for an approximate location, because it's always interesting to see the places where people live. (The idea that we come together from all over the world fascinates me personally.)
A few members have interesting homepages, photo albums, modifications, advices, or fan sites, which aren't listed in their profiles either !!

A lot of people, especially the earlier members, won't have checked or updated their member profiles for a while.
So you may not realise that quite some time ago, our Leader added a couple of categories to the member profiles, so you can record your favourites of:

flashlights LED and Incandescent, manufacturers and dealers.

I understand that some people don't want their e-mail addresses to be seen, as a matter of privacy I suppose.
But then, for some questions and purposes, it's nice to be able to contact other members off the actual Public board.

Unless you have a strong preference, why not choose the option of allowing PM's, private messages - if you do that, then you keep all your privacy, keep your e-mail address secure, but can receive messages from other members.
(If any issue should arise, then it's possible to still receive a PM's in general, while disallowing any PM's from a particular member.)
Also, the PM system can be turned off again, if you ever were to find it a problem. Just unselect it on the "My Profile" update page.
The system works in such a way that you can choose to get an automatic notification from the server that a PM has been sent to you, very convenient. Then, you don't even need to check your profile to see if you have any messages.

The following are the categories you see if you click on "my profile", and
go to "View/Update Profile":

Login Name: (Can't be changed by members.)
Publicly Displayed Name:
Member Status: (Can't be changed by members.)
Password:
Email Address:
Homepage:
Interests:
Your Picture:
[Enter a link to a picture of yourself. (This must be a
complete URL.)]

Favorite incandescent flashlight:
Favorite non-incandescent flashlight:
Favorite flashlight manufacturer:
Favorite flashlight dealer:

ICQ ID:
AIM ID:

Signature :
(Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts.)

Your Preferences:

Allow Administrators and Moderators to send you email notices? Yes/ No
Keep your email address viewable to others when you post notes? Yes/ No

Default Topic View: (Choose One)
Show topics from -
last day
last 2 days
last 5 days
last 10 days
last 20 days
last 30 days
last 45 days
last 60 days
last 75 days
last 100 days
last year
Show all topics

Allow members to send you private messages? Yes/ No
Be notified by email when someone sends you a private message? Yes/ No

So once you've decided what to put in your profile, or how you want to alter it, then click on the
"View/Update profile" button at the bottom of the page.

And remember, you can alter it back at any time, whenever it suits you.

Sincerely,

lightlover

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Member 11 usually checks his profile every few weeks, just to be sure everything's where it's supposed to be and to check for new fields that might have been added. I even change the picture occasionally.
grin.gif