Fenix L0P SE with mod

Buffalohump

Enlightened
Guys,

I'm looking at picking up a Fenix L0P SE and I see Fenix-store.com now has a modded version of this light.

It is available with UWAJ.

Can one of the MIT grads here please explain this to me?

Also - it is double the price of the standard version. Is it worth the extra $$$?

Thanks in advance!

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
I thought that the Lopse with the UWAJ in it was just more efficient(longer run time). Send 4Sevens an email and he will tell you.

kevinm

Enlightened
The standard L0P SE has an R bin luxeon, but there is no mention of the forward voltage bin. It could be a G (longer runtime) or it could be a K (really bad runtime).

A UxxJ driven like a Luxeon I should act like an SxxH, providing 50ish lumens if fully driven (and these probably are not as the standard ones are only slightly brighter than the L0P) with 1/2 hour more runtime. SO this will be brighter and havethe same or greater runtime.

To know for sure, someone needs to send one to Craig, Doug, or Chev.

But if you're going to spend the $90, spend the $100 and get the titanium one with 5 levels. Now that's a beautiful light!

Kevin

mchlwise

Enlightened
kevinm said:
But if you're going to spend the $90, spend the $100 and get the titanium one with 5 levels. Now that's a beautiful light!

And GOOD LUCK getting your hands on one.

:ohgeez:

Buffalohump

Enlightened
Thanks guys...

Actually, the light is priced at $70. But there's no additional info on the mod on the website (fenix-store).

I think I've got a snowball's chance in hell of scoring a Ti version : ) good luck to all those who are gonna give it a shot!