Li-Ion battery charging/care HELP!

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I have a question about a Li-ion battery in the Ipod. My sister just a got a new one and my family is argueing over what's best for the battery. I thought that Li-ions are able to be charged after using to its capacity as long as its occasionally used and that they are never to be fully discharged. I remember reading that somewhere but now can't find it and i figure you guys are good at this stuff so please help me on how to properly take care and charge/discharge a battery. Thanks

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello KSH,

The best advice is to recharge frequently, and keep the unit out of hot areas and direct sunlight.

It does not help the battery to fully discharge it.

Tom

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
Thanks silverfox. My mother isn't fully convinced yet so if other people could chime in and share their knowledge, i would really appreaciate it. Thanks

SilverFox said:
Hello KSH,

The best advice is to recharge frequently, and keep the unit out of hot areas and direct sunlight.

It does not help the battery to fully discharge it.

Tom

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom is the ultimate cornerstone in CPF when it comes to batteries. No further advice is needed.

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
Cool. Thanks for letting me know LED61. Thanks Tom!

LED61 said:
Tom is the ultimate cornerstone in CPF when it comes to batteries. No further advice is needed.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello LED,

Thank you for your kind comments...

I try to present accurate and factual information, however there is nothing wrong with getting confirmations from several sources. I make a habit of doing this myself.

Tom

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
Actually, its just my mother who doens't believe only one source. Personally, i think anyone who posts here understands that they are posting in front of hundreds so if wrong information is given, someone will correct it.