3AA MMAG LED + UX0M K2 Mod

myk

Enlightened
This was an interesting mod. UX0M direct drive currently from 3 Alk AA's. I could not freakin stand the green tint from the original LED, and had this X0 tint K2 sitting here.. thought.. what the hell. M is less than ideal Vf but at least it wont cook it =)

Issues:

1. K2 LED base doesnt fit in the round inlay where the lux3 used to sit in the little metal.. module. Ground down the 4 "corners" to make it sit flat.
2. Aluminum "module" is pretty hard to solder to, it just beads off. Don't know if its aluminized steel or aluminum - either way, tough.
3. LED isn't centered. Oh well, sue me.

How we did it:
First - the original LED wiggles right off with some needle nosed pliars - easily

We soldered the negative contact (anode?) of the LED right to he metal "module" that makes contact with the body of the mag, and soldered a wire to the + contact, ran the wire out the bottom of the module over where the + contact of the top battery hits the unit - meant to solder it, but when i popped it into the light to test - it worked- and i dont fix what ain't broke. i left the little circuit board out of the module since im in no way using it

End result:

Its brighter, throws a little further, and is brilliant white instead of putrid green

will test the amperage + voltage across the LED when I find my multimeter -

I would NOT SUGGEST THIS MOD BE REPEATED