Huntlight FT-02X drain batteries when off ??

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
If i don't use the light for a couple of days and go to click it on, the lights flashes on for half a second then goes off.... this is on freshly charged cells that were put in before setting it on the shelf... I take cells out and test on ZTS and they are shot and require recharging. None of my Fenix 2AA's do that.... both L2T and L2P can run continuous for quite sometime before needing a recharge despite not being used for a couple of days on the same set of batteries....

my Huntlight FT-01 (unetched and bought from seriouslights.com, so don't ask about the version, cause i don't know except it has the tri-wing screws for the clip) will light up on rechargables despite not being used for a couple days either....FT-01 is on AW's 18650. Still on the first 18650 since putting it in 2 weeks ago....I've been using my SL TL-3 with 2x17500's and WE 9DX raider recently (These 2 are bright for their size and cost!!!)...

Anyway looking for similar experiences that you may have and hope to share.

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problems with 1, RCR123A or using the 2AA's in my FT02X. Batteries never drain.

The only problem I have is the end cap o-ring gets twisted outside where the end cap meets the battery tube. Sticks outside. If I twist the end cap hard to close my o-ring will get cut and then break.

I tried putting a chamfer on the battery tubes, 2AA and CR123. I think I have to make the chamfer larger.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
ernsanada said:
No problems with 1, RCR123A or using the 2AA's in my FT02X. Batteries never drain.

The only problem I have is the end cap o-ring gets twisted outside where the end cap meets the battery tube. Sticks outside. If I twist the end cap hard to close my o-ring will get cut and then break.

I tried putting a chamfer on the battery tubes, 2AA and CR123. I think I have to make the chamfer larger.

dsc03335smalltc3.jpg

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you talking about protected RCR123's? If so the circuit could be using up a lot more power than it should be. It could also be that it is tripping the overload protection of the circuit.

Unprotected cells will hold their charge quite a while longer than protected ones will because that circuit is constantly using power.

Pull the tail cap and measure the resistance between the spring that touches the battery and the part that makes contact with the body. You can hold onto the switch assembly, but don't touch the spring while measuring since the meter will measure the resistance through your body.

The resistance should be so high the meter wouldn't register or in megaohms region. This is the only path for electricity to go through, so if there is no conduction, the light isn't draining the battery.