Happy Dry, Overcooked Dead Bird Meat Day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
That's "Thanksgiving" if you did not figure it out. ;)
Some people call it "Turkey Day". Thanksgiving is tomorrow (11-23-06) in the US.

So, what are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for:

1: Still being alive. I had a bit of a scare in late-2002 and had to have (Crash Course in) brain surgery.
roll2.gif
{obscure Metallica reference here}
2: Most of my family is still with us. My parents are geting up there in the years, so I cherish the time I have left with them.
3: CPF. I don't know where I'd be today without you guys & gals.
4: Flashlights, lasers, and other things that blink, glow, or otherwise give off light.
5: The internet. After all, how else would I be able to write this "What are you thankful for?" post and have it available to so many people?

bitslammer

Enlightened
My family, my friends, my health.

Also thankful for a reasonably prosperous life but without the first three that wouldn't matter a bit. Like you I should also say I'm also thankful for my parent's health and the fact that I get to enjoy these years with them comfortable that they can feel happy knowing their 2 kids "made it" safe, sound, and without criminal records. ;)

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
to all - have a Happy Thanksgiving Day, travel safe, enjoy friends and family...

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thankful for my whole family, and that my uncle is still healthy enough to drive 6 hours to visit us every holiday and go to wine fests with mom.

For my girlfriend and her family, because it sucked to be alone the last few years, especially during holidays. I'm still a cinic about Christmas, but she's really wearing down on me, because she's very full of holiday cheer and excitment about it all. Crazy kid!

For the internet, without which I'd have never met or known such interesting people, both on CPF, and the years before I never thought about lights.

For my job that keeps me very busy, but affords me to live on my own and still save enough to not worry about the future. With neices and nephews arriving every other year, I can't complain about having to work on weekends/holidays/ and overtime.

For my friends, even the ones I only see once or twice a year.
For my little tiny apartment, my Fortress of Solitude.
For Mondays, my one guarenteed day off!
And for radio, a medium that was loosing ground since the invention of television. There's something about the whole "theatre of the mind" thing that I really love.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I too am thankful to still be here!

Damn near checked out back in May due to kidney failure.....then a rare event happened....my kidneys came back to life!!!!

Another reason to give thanks....my prostate cancer appears to be gone after hormone and radition treatments!

All in all, a bad year and good year!

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thankful for my wife. I really don't deserve her, but for some reason she stands by me anyway. Without her I wouldn't be alive to be thankful for anything.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. :)

:buddies:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm happy for...WHAT BART SAID and everything that's not bad.

I'm thankful for the LED Museum and all that has developed with it, over the (few, short) years...the CPF & Flashlight Reviews, too.

I'm very thankful for the millions of life's tragic bullets that have, so far, missed me.

Peace to you all.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Well, thanksgiving isn't something we celebrate here in the netherlands. But I'm thankful for meeting this great group of people on the internet, who really made me feel at home on their messageboard.... Yes, I'm talking about you guys & gals...

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Good thread.

I am thankful to have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and a fiancee whom I love. (Who feeds me! :laughing: )

Also I am thankful for good health and everything I have in my life.

Joking here, CPF humor: I am also thankful for Tritium, and all my lights.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for surviving cancer.
Thankful for nearing the end of a journey that took me close to death but also showed me how blessed I am.
Thankful for everyone who helped me and would not let me give up.
Thankful for my family.
Thankful for the many blessings God has bestowed upon me even though I don't deserve them.
Thankful that I am taking my oldest son deer hunting tomorrow for the first time. There was a time when I wasn't sure I would ever be able to do that.
Thankful for all those who sacrificed so much so that I could live free.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, thanks for that Bart. My mom a very cynical New Englander left us this year but would have gotten a kick out of that. I hope she is wrong in that she is in a better place looking down on us because she always said she was a "show me" person and didn't believe such a place existed. I'm happy my dad is still here as well as other members of the family. And also very happy CPF members such as LifeNRA have overcome travesty and are with us as well.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Thanksgiving... an American Tradition

Yes, giving thanks!.. I'm thankful thats something we still do in America!

Thank God, its still an American Tradition!
And if you don't believe in God and your thankful, you'll have to figure out who you are thankful to! :laughing:

I just want to offer thanks that we live in the United States of America and its still safe "so far".

Although some 3rd world countries are not yet targets of terrorism, few are not targets and none are immune.

Almost every country which represents freedom and technological advancements have been targeted "Even Russia who makes trade with them!"

As much as there is corruption and wrong in America, it also has enough light within her that she still stands and proclaims her freedom with the Statue of Liberty... something we may not enjoy much longer as we give away our secrets, our trust and our freedoms to those bent to destroy us.

In spite of what you think about politics, be thankful its not ten times worse and that your still an American!

Yes, I'm still proud to be an American!, made up of mere mortals with imperfections, shortsightedness, and vulnerablities to being consumed in our own selfishness....... but we still love freedom and we still value life!

Because of that... even as in the days of the Mayflower... They're still Coming to America!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.