Coast Rechargeable Tactical 1.5 W LED Flashlight $20/W charger.

Newuser01

Enlightened
Any1 have opin about this ?

Ripped from FW ([font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KATX) who claims to be [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flashaholic, So he is prolly trolling here.

Find it here.

There is not enough info for us CPF'ers. But if anyone owns one or think its a good deal for the holliday season. It come complete with battery and charger for it, but not standard sized
[/font]Rechargeable [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]battery.

[/font]Coast™ LED-LENSER® Rechargeable Tactical Light.
This Light uses a revolutionary German-patented super tube lens to focus its LED power. Measures a tiny 5"l., and weighs only 4 ozs. Momentary pressure switch gives you light in a flash. Solid aluminum body with a diamond-cut no-slip grip. Includes wrist lanyard, nylon sheath and carabiner for attaching to your belt, pack or just about anywhere.

Noob.
:sssh::sssh::sssh:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
<EDIT> it cost 5.99 for standard shipping after looking thru the site. :awman:

[/font]

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 20 bucks its a good deal and rechargable.I have a coast .david 15,a bit smaller than that one.Its pretty well built,nice tint.Its always worked and runs a long time with a singleAA.I have seen some similar on ebay.If anyone decides to get one ,let us know what you think.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
one of my friends has this light. IMHO performance was seriously underwhelming. The usual crappy build quality, with performance in the Fenix L1P ballpark. Fenix 1AA light with a high capacity NiMH will beat it on runtime.

The only 'Tactical' thing about this light would be not to buy it...

Newuser01

Enlightened
I was very intrested in this light since the same kind of light cost upwards of around 40 clams in fry's and targets and stuff if you find them but not rechargeable ones..... !!

A couple of points on what I'm thinking off.....
  • May be less bright than 2AA M@G LED's (which cost about the same.)
  • convenient - rechargeable ready. (for some1 who dont own a rechargeable systems and/or batteries....even though this battery size is unknown.). Who doesn't like free lumens?
  • Small. (compare to M@G led 2AA)
  • Seems it will be reliable.
  • Comes with wrist lanyard, nylon sheath and carabiner!!....
  • less expensive than Fenix L1p (dont know if they are in the same class!)
Still hoping for someone with first hand experience.

Thanks to "MayCooper" even though his experience may not represent but considerred- since his experience is not first hand on this particular light. may be low charge, something? :whistle: but thanks any ways for the impression.

"Paul6ppca", Dont know if this light will also run on AA, since the original poster in FW said its not standard size...

More please!!

Noob.:scowl:

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no first hand experiences with this light but with other lights from "Coast" - "LedLenser".

All I had in hands was "crap". 2 from 3 lights failed. Burned out leds, broken switches, very very poor heatsinks, no resistor secured DD Lights.

My advice: be careful

Best regards

____
Tom

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coast is good for rave toys. Does anybody else even make a light that does
red, blue, green, white, or any combination thereof? (Now if they put a strobe
on that one...)

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of points on what I'm thinking off.....
  • May be less bright than 2AA M@G LED's (which cost about the same.)
  • convenient - rechargeable ready. (for some1 who dont own a rechargeable systems and/or batteries....even though this battery size is unknown.). Who doesn't like free lumens?
  • Small. (compare to M@G led 2AA)
  • Seems it will be reliable.
  • Comes with wrist lanyard, nylon sheath and carabiner!!....
  • less expensive than Fenix L1p (dont know if they are in the same class!)
Still hoping for someone with first hand experience.

"Paul6ppca", Dont know if this light will also run on AA, since the original poster in FW said its not standard size...

I was just saying the body looks the same as mine and I have had good luck with it.The battery looks like it is using 1/2 AA ,3 of them so it prob is 4.5 v.Similar to a 3 AAA battery carier setup (4.5 v)

Scorpion

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the light listed on the site below. I have a similar one that uses 3AAA, which I really like. The one I have is exactly like the one on flashlightreviews, except not in camo (LL7736). It has a smooth even beam and is really bright. I got mine from costco for 30 bucks last year which I think is worth it. I really like both of the coast lights that i have, the other being a david. For twenty bucks, it seems like a good deal if it is the same light as in the link below.

http://www.flash-lights.com/product_info.php/info/p11340_Coast--LED-Lenser--LL7742-V--Pro-Luxeon--LED-Silver-Tactical-Rechargeable-Light.html/XTCsid/ea7a1759decd5c1a8fa3c14b8c5e1af3

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a Chinese one that use 3 AAA and has 10 white led on the outmost, 1 red laser in the center and 5 changing color led from blue, purple, red, green, etc. It is very cheap and fun to use if you have time to search on :

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-15-LED-Flashlight-Color-Light-Torch-Laser-Pointer-S_W0QQitemZ200050672600QQihZ010QQcategoryZ117110QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AndyTiedye said:
Coast is good for rave toys. Does anybody else even make a light that does
red, blue, green, white, or any combination thereof? (Now if they put a strobe
on that one...)

katx

Newly Enlightened
KATX here.... :)

I ordered two of these and I must say I am rather pleased with them. The light is very bright and very white. The beam pattern is squarish. There is a 2mm by 2mm notch in the lens cover near the perimeter. I cannot say it does anything to the beam but it irritates me that it is there -- I love symmetry. The feel is very good, but I will be honest....the number one reason that I bought this light is that even Costco is selling them (right now) for $50 a piece. Other than Costco and BO, the lowest price I could find is about $65.

BTW: I think it is kinda silly to call this a rechargeable light. Yes, it comes with a rechargeable battery and yes a charger is furnished with this light but a rechargeable light to me is a light that is directly recharged. I also learned that these batteries are (perhaps not readily) available for $10 Canadian a piece -- I found ONE place in Canada. (I would probably throw them away if I needed to buy batteries for them. I hate spending money on batteries. Anyone here has any idea how to rig a battery for this? It seems to be three half-length but a bit fatter AA batteries.)

Oh well.

p.s. There is a reason I posted this to FW and not here. I did not think this would be to your all's high standards. :-(

Last edited: