Fenix P1 P1D P1DCE questions

FredM

Enlightened
Is it your opinion that the P1 will drop in price given time after the P1D/CE comes out?

Do you think they will release a P1 CE or does the current required for the 135 lumen output require a multi stage light?

Does the P1D reset after off for 1.5 seconds or does it remember the setting it was in when turned off then turn back on to that stage? (ie does it have a "home" or primary setting?)

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they release a P1 CE, I don't care about this whole multi-stage BS, especially when it's not a clicky. I just want a brighter P1.

adnj

Enlightened
FredM said:
Is it your opinion that the P1 will drop in price given time after the P1D/CE comes out?

Do you think they will release a P1 CE or does the current required for the 135 lumen output require a multi stage light?

Does the P1D reset after off for 1.5 seconds or does it remember the setting it was in when turned off then turn back on to that stage? (ie does it have a "home" or primary setting?)

The price for the P1 stayed the same (for now at least). I expect that it will drop $10 after a couple of months.

I doubt that there will be a single stage P1 CE. The current regulator has the muti-function built-in. I would expect that the ranges will be reprogrammed to meet demand or even allow the user to program them (similar to the HDS U60).

The P1D resets after being off. I think that this will cause alot of heart-ache for some (LE especially) as help to precipitate repromming of the chip.